Foster City, CA
People Experience – People Operations
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
We believe that just as the combustion engine took society from the age of the horse and carriage to the automobile, autonomous mobility technology will take us to the next era in transportation. Our vision is to connect people and places in wonderful ways, while at the same time improving public safety and reducing harmful greenhouse gas emissions. Our goal is to imagine this future and build it today, for a safer and more sustainable tomorrow.
Who You Are
You are the consummate team player, looking for opportunities to optimize our People Experience through technology. You are thorough, diligent, and detail-oriented in your approach to problem solving but can also see the bigger picture. You are the emergent leader, helping build the overarching vision for how People Systems can make Zoox a better place to work.
What You'll Do
The HRIS specialist will guide the People Experience team to operational excellence by partnering with the Head of Total Rewards in developing a Technology roadmap that builds for the future. This role will refine and evolve our current systems to optimize our user experience while facilitating increasing demands that come with scale. Client management is crucial as this role will interface with stakeholders across the organization.
- Act as liaison between People Experience and IT and/or third-party systems vendors
- Lead our organization through People systems implementations and upgrades, from project planning, configuration, build, QA/testing, go-live and ongoing system maintenance and administration
- Be the subject matter expert in HR systems by researching and assessing technology needs, identifying systems/process improvements, and delivering technological solutions that support operational excellence
- Be the project manager by setting objectives and timelines, gathering cross-functional consensus on deliverables, and managing expectations throughout the process.
- Manage vendor relationships and third-party support in the ongoing maintenance of WD components. Collaborate with third party vendors to troubleshoot and deliver effective solutions.
- Support development of post-go-live initiatives in Workday
- Historic data migration from legacy systems Into Workday
- Workday Systems Integrations with SAP, Benefits, etc.
- Develop and improve modules, e.g. Advanced Comp & Performance Management
- Streamline Workday configurations to support business processes (onboarding, performance, compensation, open-enrollment, ATS, etc.)
- Create integration & project roadmap to implement additional Workday components that align with employee lifecycle (Onboarding, Benefits, Talent Management, Compensation, etc.)
- Optimize Core HCM to support evolving organizational structures (cost centers and organizational hierarchy, compensation bands and levels, etc.)
- Enable future headcount and workforce planning and development – requisition management/open positions etc.
- Set agenda and project manage cross functional projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field
- 3+ years experience managing development and maintenance of various aspects of the Workday system (talent, comp, HCM, benefits, absence, performance, and a little payroll adjacent experience would be a plus)
- Experience in gathering systems requirements, process mapping, and gap analysis
- Experience working with integration architecture, including inbound and outbound processes, EIBs, Studio, Connectors, etc.