Senior Electrical Engineer
Foster City, CA /
Advanced Hardware Engineering – Hardware Engineering /
Zoox's Advanced Hardware Engineering team is responsible for the design, development, and innovation of sensor technology and the compute platform for our vehicles. In this role, you will work within a multi-disciplinary engineering team to design high speed digital and embedded systems in accordance with industry standards, best practices, and requirements.
- Circuit board design (including part selection, circuit design and simulation, schematic capture, and layout review)
- Hardware validation and debugging
- Cross-functional collaboration with software, mechanical, and integration engineering teams
- Collaboration with contract manufacturers for prototyping activities and high-volume production
- BS or MS in electrical engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years of professional work experience
- Strong electrical engineering, analog circuit, and power electronics fundamentals
- Experience in board and system-level testing and characterization
- Working knowledge of circuit design and simulation tools
- Working knowledge of schematic design and PCB layout tool (Altium Designer or Cadence preferred)
- Experience in prototype and high-volume manufacturing
- Hands-on lab experience such as soldering, and experience with lab equipment (power supplies, signal generators, oscilloscopes)
- Familiarity with common industry technologies and protocols including I2C, UART, SPI, CAN, LIN, USBLab scripting/test automation experience (LabView, MATLAB, Python)
- Familiarity with functional safety
- Experience in x86/Compute architecture
- Experience in automotive/EV/AV/aerospace/space or similar industries
- Experience in prototype and high-volume manufacturing (extra bonus for off-shore experience)
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.