Foster City, CA
Engineering – Advanced Hardware
As our electrical engineer, you will be responsible for the design and integration of the power modules in Zoox's autonomous vehicle platform. We are looking for an electrical engineer who is enthusiastic, innovative, and passionate about the future of mobility.
At Zoox, you will collaborate with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds in areas such as A.I. and robotics. You’ll master new technologies while working on electrical and hardware development in your area of expertise to create and refine key systems and move Zoox forward.
- Circuit board design (including part selection, circuit design and simulation, schematic capture, and layout review)
- Hardware validation and debugging
- Cross-functional collaboration with software, mechanical, and integration engineering teams
- Collaboration with contract manufacturers for prototyping activities and high volume production
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with focus on Electrical Engineering/Power Electronics
- 2+ years of professional work experience
- Strong electrical engineering, analog circuits, and power electronics fundamentals
- Experience in board and system level testing and characterization
- Hands-on lab experience such as soldering, and experience with lab equipment (power supplies, signal generators, oscilloscope)
- Working knowledge of circuit design and simulation tools
- Working knowledge of schematic design and PCB layout tool (Altium Designer preferred)
- Familiarity with common industry technologies and protocols: I2C, UART, SPI, CAN, LIN, USB
- Lab scripting/test automation experience (LabView, MATLAB, Python)
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.