Hardware Test Automation Engineer
Foster City, CA /
Advanced Hardware Engineering – Hardware Engineering /
As our hardware test automation engineer you will be responsible for developing and documenting hardware test automation software. This will include both high level (Python) programming to automate test environments and test execution as well as low level (C/C++) programming to help debug firmware features. You will need to work closely with Mechanical, Electrical and Firmware engineers to develop and execute our hardware tests. We are looking for someone who’s enthusiastic, innovative, a self-starter, and willing to take on the challenges to work with us as an exceptional hardware test automation engineer.
- Develop scripts, frameworks, and firmware/software features to perform and support prototype and production testing
- Setup and run tests on compute and sensory hardware
- Document software to make it easily accessible to others both within the team and outside of it.
- Work collaboratively with design engineers and project managers to plan and execute component test campaigns
- Design and build tooling to allow post-processing and visualization of test data
- BS in Engineering Discipline or Computer Science
- 3+ years software development experience or equivalent
- 1+ year hardware testing experience or equivalent
- Experience using and/or building hardware test automation frameworks
- Familiarity programming in Python
- Familiarity with basic mechanical, electrical, and optical test procedures
- Experience working with embedded systems
- Prior experience in working with communications protocols including CAN, Ethernet, TCP/IP
- Experience with Git, Jira, Bamboo, CI/CD, and test driven development
- Experience programming in C/C++
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.