Vehicle Dynamics Intern
Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Integration Engineering
As an intern on the Vehicle Dynamics team, you'll be primarily responsible for working on our motion sickness studies. Our ground up vehicle has many new components that normal cars today don't have, and we need to ensure that we're still providing the most comfortable ride for our passengers.
We're looking for someone with experience in the automotive industry and conducting testing on vehicles. You should be comfortable working cross-functionally, taking initiative, and able to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment like Zoox.
- Within 1 year of graduation (no later than 2021 graduation date)
- Minimum of a 3.5 gpa
- At least one previous industry internship or co-op
- Able to commit to a minimum of a 12-week internship
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- Interns at Zoox may not use any proprietary information they are working on as part of their thesis, any published work with their university, or to be distributed to anyone outside of Zoox.
- Experience with data analysis and documentation
- Experience with testing in a mechanical setting
- Working towards a degree in Mechanical Engineering (or related field)
- Strong communication skills
- Highly organized
- Experience working in Matlab and/or Python
- FSAE or Baja experience
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.