Java Developer - Credit Card Billing
Bank Build – Technology
Job Title: Java Developer – Credit Card Billing
Location: London Bridge
Advert Start Date: 10/05/2018
Closing Date: 10/06/2018
At Zopa, we’re shaping the future of finance.
We offer simple loans and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In the 13 years we’ve been in business, we’ve helped more than 60,000 people lend over £3 billion to 246,000 UK consumers.
And our journey’s only just beginning. In November 2016 we announced our plans to build a next generation bank so that we can bring a greater range of smart, ethical finance products to even more people.
Building a new Credit Card billing and statement generation engine, a card specific origination pipeline or integrating with third party processing and fraud prevention partners to enable a card that can work seamlessly and securely. Whatever it is, you will be heavily involved from understanding the space and opportunity all the way to developing the release-ready code and seeing it through to launch and maintenance.
All our Java infrastructure is deployed with Docker/Kubernetes when we need to via CI (Jenkins) and a completely automated test suite.
On a day to day basis this will mean:
- Taking a pragmatic approach to programming, balancing cutting-edge technologies with more tried and tested solutions.
- Enhancing our existing suite of credit, pricing, fraud and risk services.
- Working with our data scientists to implement and enhance machine learning components.
- Working in a cross-functional team to be able to build Credit Card Processing Systems from scratch
- Using Java 8 and its features, with Kafka streams to make it as scalable as possible and to be able to use RLT analytics.
We're looking for experienced software engineers that have:
- Strong Back-end development of highly scalable multi-threaded applications using Java, ideally Java8.
- Commercial experience with Python, specifically in PyCharm and PyUnit
- Experience in Object Oriented design and full Software Development Life Circle
- Demonstrable experience of using Test Driven Development
- A highly quantitative educational background (in STEM or CompSci or equivalent)
- Experience working in machine learning towards artificial intelligence.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.