Client Assets & Reconciliations Manager
Finance – Finance
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’re been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving and we’re now launching a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
We’re looking for an exceptional Client Assets and Reconciliations Manager to join our Finance team. Reporting to the Finance Director, and managing a team of 3, you’ll be responsible for daily bank reconciliations and CASS compliance for all products and legal entities across the Zopa Group.
Extensive knowledge of CASS rules is a must, you’ll need to be compliance minded and obsess about the accuracy of client money processes, systems, records….At the same time you will be driven to continuously improve the effectiveness of the wider reconciliations framework, and analyse breaks in order to continuously improve processes and systems used across the wider business.
We’re looking for someone who can roll their sleeves up get stuck in to whatever needs doing to achieve our goals. In return, the role provides the right candidate with the opportunity to shape and define one of the industry’s most innovative and forward-thinking companies.
A day in the life:
- Develop and maintain an excellent understanding of regulations affecting Client Money
- Act as CASS Champion improving CASS awareness and compliance across the business
- Provide the Reconciliations team with excellent leadership and performance management
- Own the design of the Reconciliations framework used to identify breaks in banking records
- Continuously improve the Reconciliations framework to improve the controls environment
- Manage the annual CASS audit and own the self-assessment of relevant risks/controls
- Own the overall design and configuration of IntelliMatch (our reconciliations system)
- Define/design the data/system changes required for new/changed products/systems
- Support the CF10 and Finance Director with ad hoc analysis and projects as required
- Significant knowledge and understanding of CASS rules and compliance
- Significant experience in Financial Services and/or Banking
- Advanced understanding of financial systems and payment systems
- Experience managing and training teams and working as part of cross functional teams
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines whilst working accurately with attention to detail
- Drive to solve problems and continuously improve processes
- Advanced numeric/analytical and excel skills
- A positive outlook!
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.