Compliance Manager - Bank
Operations – Compliance
At Zopa, we’re shaping the future of finance.
We offer simple loans and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In the 12 years we’ve been in business, we’ve helped more than 60,000 people lend over £3 billion to 246,000 UK consumers.
And our journey’s only just beginning. In November 2016 we announced our plans to build a next generation bank so that we can bring a greater range of smart, ethical finance products to even more people.
Reporting into the Head of Compliance, this role will coordinate the compliance framework for Zopa’s retail bank. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing Compliance function, to support the Head of Compliance and deputise where necessary and take on some line management responsibility.
The role’s core responsibility is run the advisory and assurance activity and to report on the effective management of regulatory risks in the banking business.
- Manage the monitoring and testing of regulatory compliance control effectiveness by sufficient and representative reviews.
- Conduct thematic reviews in line with the compliance monitoring plan.
- Manage the compliance analysts; reviewing assurance reports, advice and approvals; and supporting their career development.
- Build strong business partnerships with first line functions to advise and challenge on projects and initiatives across bank activity where there are regulatory and conduct risks.
- Coordinate second line approval for the business for the development of new products, business practices and financial promotions for the bank activities.
- Oversee the breaches log to ensure that identified deficiencies and incidents are followed up and where necessary, making recommendations for amendments.
- Report to the Head of Compliance on regulatory matters, such as regulatory risk assessments and reviews, including any changes in regulatory risk, summarising any identified breaches and/or deficiencies and the corrective measures recommended to address them
- You may have been a second or first line Risk and/or Compliance Manager within FCA/PRA regulated retail financial services and have good regulatory knowledge of CCA (CONC), SYSC, COBS and BCOBS.
- You must be able to challenge business products and processes to ensure regulatory compliance and have the ability to manage and influence regulatory and senior management relationships.
- You can communicate well with all staff levels to ensure regulatory knowledge is transferred and applied through your open and inclusive approach. You are comfortable with an agile approach to business change using your skillset to enable business development.
- You are passionate about innovative finance products and have proven ability to work on several projects and under tight deadlines. You are a natural problem solver and have an ability to anticipate regulatory risks.
- You are customer focused and are motivated by positive customer outcomes.
- You will have excellent organisational skills and good working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Power Point)
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.