Data Governance Manager
Data Excellence – Data Analytics
At Zopa, we’re shaping the future of finance.
We offer simple loans and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In the 12 years we’ve been in business, we’ve helped more than 60,000 people lend over £3 billion to 246,000 UK consumers.
And our journey’s only just beginning. In November 2016 we announced our plans to build a next generation bank so that we can bring a greater range of smart, ethical finance products to even more people.
About the Role
Zopa’s data-driven culture has played a major role in the fantastic growth we have been experiencing. We want to continue strengthening this culture, empowering people with tools, knowledge, and easy-to-use data.
As part of this endeavour, we are systematizing governance of our data and reporting assets and we are looking for a Data Governance Manager to lead this effort across the whole Zopa group – both for the existing Zopa peer-to-peer company and the upcoming Zopa Bank.
- Setup and roll out a company-wide Zopa’s data and reporting governance initiative:
- Develop data-quality standards, data-readiness metrics, policies and processes
- Define roles and responsibilities related to the governance framework
- Establish, communicate, and implement the change program
- Own the elements associated with the governance framework, such as:
- All associated policies, processes, and supporting control documents
- The registry of processing activities (as defined by GDPR)
- The metadata database
- Ensure compliance with the governance framework:
- Ensure that the framework’s policies/processes are maintained, executed and complied with and, where appropriate, challenge their adequacy and update accordingly
- Provide regular reporting to the Head of Data, and in turn the executive committee, communicating challenges and strategy recommendations.
- Monitor the ability of the business to maintain data which is available, accurate, complete and able to be discovered within required timescales. Quantify via automatically produced, data-readiness metrics.
- Proven experience setting up, implementing, and overseeing data-related projects, such as data governance, data management, or data quality programmes, in a large organization.
- Strong leadership, relationship building, and influencing skills, including the ability to work effectively across all levels of executive leadership and staff
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection
- Thorough working knowledge of GDPR
- Familiarity with the different technologies and concepts involved in processing and storing data, such as queues vs streams, OLAP vs OLTP, relational vs graph vs NoSQL databases, columnar vs row-oriented databases.
Bonus points for:
- Tableau Server
- Familiarity with various MDM solutions
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.