Complaints Specialist - Remote or London based
Operations – Customer Services /
Employee - Permanent
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’re been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving, and we’ve just launched a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
About the role
We have an exciting new role for a Complaints Officer within the Customer Services Team. With our customer base rapidly increasing and our product offerings and services growing over time there is a need to pro-actively look for someone to join the team to help resolve complaints that are raised. This is a great opportunity to work across a range of different products and be a customer champion.
The key purpose of this role is to support the Complaints Team in ensuring that all complaints are handled in accordance with our internal Complaints Handling Policy and Procedures.
This role will cover complaints from all Operations Teams (Personal Loans, Investments, Collections & Recoveries, Credit Card, Fixed Term Deposits and Underwriting & Fraud) so it is essential that the applicant has a knowledge of all aspects of the business and product offerings.
The successful candidate will be dedicated to providing complainants with fair outcomes whilst providing an exceptional level of customer service.
A day in the life:
- Ensure exceptional customer service is provided to complainants and ensure they are aware of the Zopa complaints procedure/policy
- Acknowledging, drafting and sending out complaints promptly written and verbally
- Responding to all complaints within set time limits, systematically and fairly
- Resolving customers’ queries within agreed authority, investigating the cause of individual complaints and where required gathering information from relevant departments
- Ensure complaints are managed in line with TCF and FCA regulation considerations ensuring complaints are managed fairly, accurately and clearly
- Make suggestions to improve processes and documentation to reduce complaints
- We're looking for someone with experience handling complaints in a financial services environment and with a history of dealing with the FOS (Financial Ombudsman Service)
- We'd love if you had previous experience handling application fraud, Credit Card & chargebacks / disputes / S75 complaints
- You understand the importance of treating customers fairly and hold a track record for going the extra mile to ensure that the customer feels valued
- You have the confidence, patience and flexibility necessary to connect with a wide range of people and adapt effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Alongside your natural rapport-building talents, you are a fast learner with an exceptionally high attention to detail and can adapt efficiently to new concepts and systems
We are open to this role holder being remotely based in the UK or based in London at our offices/at home. As a business we have the flexibility to work from home whilst the ongoing COVID 19 pandemic continues.
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.