Operations – Underwriting
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good Money company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
Zopa is currently going through an exciting phase of launching our new products and we are looking for an Underwriter to join our team where you will be processing loan applications within the company's specific policy criteria.
During this exciting time you will be required to review application information as well as documents, correspondence and credit file information, you will also be communicating with applicants & brokers directly.
Your role does require hours worked over 5 days, Sunday to Thursday or Tuesday to Saturday.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Underwrite new unsecured loan applications within Zopa lending criteria and service standards, taking end-to-end responsibility for each case.
- Evaluate the accuracy and authenticity of each customer’s details and documents.
- Review applications which have flagged fraud indicators, investigate suspicious documents and report back to the Financial Crime team.
- Identify any potential fraudulent activity and escalate any concerns to team leader, Financial Crime team or the Compliance Department.
- Frequent verbal & written communications with applicants, brokers and other departments.
On a personal level;, these are the qualities we'd like to see:
- 1 year + Underwriting experience
- Ability to investigate, question and scrutinise information
- High level of numeracy and analytical skills
- High level of communication skills
- Excellent professional manner
- Experience of working in a team environment
- Educated to at least grade C or above in English & Maths GCSE
On a personal level, these are the qualities we’d like to see:
- Ability to think outside the box
- High level of attention to detail with regard to document examination, remaining confidential at all times and act with integrity
- A passion to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to work within given SLA’s and deadlines
- A confident, calm and professional manner
- Ability to adapt to change due to business requirements
- Able to work under pressure and to set targets