Technical Business Analyst
Product & Design – Product
At Zopa, we’re shaping the future of finance.
We offer simple loans and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In the 12 years we’ve been in business, we’ve helped more than 60,000 people lend over £2 billion to 246,000 UK consumers.
And our journey’s only just beginning. In November 2016 we announced our plans to build a next generation bank so that we can bring a greater range of smart, ethical finance products to even more people.
At Zopa, a Technical Product Analyst identifies requirements and drives through improvements to some of the core systems which are used by Zopa’s products . They analyse performance, identify problems and opportunities, determine how they ought to be addressed and then supports efficient implementation of these systems so that even better products are delivered to our customers.
What Technical Product Analysts at Zopa look like:
- Driven - energetic, self-motivated, and can motivate others
- Quantitative –draw data-driven insights using many tools including Python, SQL, Tableau, and Excel, to dive into the raw data
- Passionate about creating impact
- Works fast, without compromising quality and with high attention to detail
- Curious, rigorous thinkers / interrogators – always probing beyond a simple answer, assuming nothing
- Critical - constantly looking at ways to improve self, product, others
- Collaborative – they bring people together, understand the value each other person can bring and how to get the most out of the team
- Efficient – constantly seek ways to enhance their own personal effectiveness, to do more with less and reduce waste. They find their personal flow and help the team to find its flow
- Adaptable – they can shift their role to fit whatever is needed most, a shape-shifter
- They care more about getting to the right decision and being able to rigorously justify the decision, than about consensus
- Non-hierarchical – instead they have personal power and projection. They can influence from top, bottom and sideways, up, down and across
- Personable, friendly, approachable, cares about other people
Where are Technical Product Analysts at Zopa from? What is their background?
- Experienced in identifying business requirements and processes for complex technical solutions (rather than a consumer facing product) in a product analyst capacity
- Have assisted with the design and documentation of system functional requirements in formats to facilitate product development
- Strong understanding on how the business works at a systems level and a desire to learn about and evolve in a business environment
- Previous experience working in a system analyst role (operational role)
- Ability to take ownership and drive tasks forward independently in a constantly evolving environment
- Strong interest in tech development, and able to challenge a spot where engineers are missing something / going down the wrong path
- Some exposure to financial products is desirable
- Quantitative background which some experience driving data insights from tricky data that requires SQL, R or Python
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.