Financial Crime Team Leader
Operations – Financial Crime
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good Money company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
The purpose of the role will be to effectively lead and motivate a team of Financial Crime officers. The successful candidate will have an excellent understanding of consumer finance and fraud, and experience in staff management.
You will be reporting directly to the Operations Manager.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Responsible for the management and service delivery of a team of 5 Financial Crime officers
- Mentor and develop a direct team, including all aspects of performance management, development, conduct, sickness management, appraisals
- Ensure that the team provide a consistently high quality of customer service
- Monitor and manage workflow queues to ensure SLA’s are met
- Act as first contact on escalated queries or complaints
- Assisting with CIFAS audits
- Work closely with the MLRO team
- Undertake training needs analysis on staff members
- Attendance at working groups and meetings as a subject matter expert
- Represent and contribute in various project meetings
- To offer guidance and training to fellow staff in regards to fraud related queries
- To assist in reviewing and submitting reports
- Liaise with relevant fraud prevention agencies – Cifas, Police, Equifax, Action Fraud, Home Office etc.
- Evaluate the accuracy and authenticity of customer’s details
- Assess third party risk, PEPs and Sanctions, anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing, staff fraud prevention and investor accounts
- Identifying and escalation of any identified sanctions or corruption concerns
- Ensure that any potentially suspicious transactions are escalated immediately for investigation
This is the background we'd like to see on your CV/profile:
- Minimum 1 years fraud experience
- Exposure to and understanding of regulatory requirements
- Previous people management experience
- Credit card fraud (not essential)
On a personal level, these are the qualities we’d like to see:
- Highly numerate
- Ability to produce reports and policies in an accurate and articulate format
- Strong oral communication skills
- Ability to motivate a team and the building of an effective team dynamic
- Strong attention to detail
- Desire to develop themselves and the team
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment but in a very ordered and deliberate manner
- Demonstrate company values in all interactions whether internally, with colleagues or externally
- Ability to manage a high and demanding workload
- High level of integrity and trust
- Good IT skills, particularly MS Office tools
- Good standard of Education