Quality Control Manager
Operations – Operations /
Employee - Permanent
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We began our journey in 2005 with the drive to deliver customer-first financial products. Fast forward to 2020, we shifted gears and became a digital bank, leveraging our customer knowledge, money expertise and technical agility to forge ahead. Our diverse team is united by a mission to create simple, fair and honest financial products that have the customers’ needs at their heart.
We’re regularly recognised at industry awards for our game-changing products and are proud to be one of the market leaders in consumer lending in the UK. But our work doesn’t stop there.
After securing £220 million in our 2021 funding round led by SoftBank, we’ve entered the next stage in our journey. So far, we’ve lent out over £8 billion and made money work better for over half a million people across the UK who were looking to borrow or save with us. In less than 2 years after becoming a bank, we hit £2 billion in customer deposits and we’re also a top 5 credit card issuer in the UK. And this is just the beginning.
We’re set on achieving big things with ambitious growth targets to match. This means there's a range of opportunities for you to excel and develop through a career at Zopa, while building better banking products that truly matter to our customers.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa. For a closer look at our culture, check out our latest video here. And if you want to join us, have a look at our current open roles!
With our customer base rapidly increasing and our product offerings and services growing over time, we are hiring a Quality Control Manager. You will oversee the Operational Quality Team to ensure we consistently deliver the right customer outcomes, enhance customer journeys to increase satisfaction and provide efficient services at optimum cost. You will collaborate with the Operations Training Team, Team Leads, and the Heads of Department to identify key areas for improvement. You will also be an integral part of our Change Management process, supporting the business with oversight on change delivery and sign-off.
This challenge will suit someone who is genuinely passionate about enabling Zopa to reach its ambitious goals through its people and who wants to help embed our strong customer-focused culture and values through evaluation of performance, process and procedures and customer journeys.
A day in the life:
- Design and review operational scorecards and processes to ensure that we are delivering the correct customer outcomes, staff have correct skills and knowledge and are operating within regulatory guidelines
- Interrogate, filter, and amalgamate qualitative/quantitative customer insights to identify trends, themes, and underlying issues
- Ensure the future needs of skills and knowledge for the QC team are delivered within required timelines
- Delivering the full suite of Quality control measures across external 3rd parties and outsourced partners
- Undertake end to end customer journey assessments across all products to identify trends underlying issues and potential product and process enhancements
- Complete Quality reporting and action appropriate next steps
- Liaise with the with Heads of Departments and Head of Quality and Training to discuss improvements
- You have a commercial and business view of comprehensive quality control assessment programmes
- You have previous experience connecting quality feedback to business goals and can use data to provide insights and propose required actions to the business
- You believe in leading by example and will be self-motivated towards great results - if you see something that needs fixing, you’ll be driven to fix it or will know when to seek assistance to resolve the situation
- You are comfortable and feel confident working in an ever changing and ambiguous environment – we love to disrupt and that means lots of change and quick, so you’ll need to be agile and nimble in your approach to work (your own and other people’s)
- You are pragmatic – we need you to bring some sound judgement on analysing different scenarios and making decisions
- You are exceptionally organised – with lots to achieve together you’ll need to be a planner to help keep our house in order, multi-task and reach our goals
- You have high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- You are a Customer Champion with extensive quality control managerial experience including speech analytics, NPS and customer forums
Flexible working? Yes please!
Whether you want to come into our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office or work from the comfort of your own home (or both!), you’ll be able to decide on an approach with your manager, looking at what works best for you, your role and your team.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.