Senior Treasury Analyst
Treasury – Treasury /
Employee - Permanent
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We began our journey in 2005 with the drive to deliver customer-first financial products. Fast forward to 2020, we shifted gears and became a digital bank, leveraging our customer knowledge, money expertise and technical agility to forge ahead. Our diverse team is united by a mission to create simple, fair and honest financial products that have the customers’ needs at their heart.
We’re regularly recognised at industry awards for our game-changing products and are proud to be one of the market leaders in consumer lending in the UK. But our work doesn’t stop there.
After securing £220 million in our 2021 funding round led by SoftBank, we’ve entered the next stage in our journey. So far, we’ve lent out over £8 billion and made money work better for over half a million people across the UK who were looking to borrow or save with us. In less than 2 years after becoming a bank, we hit £2 billion in customer deposits and we’re also a top 5 credit card issuer in the UK. And this is just the beginning.
We’re set on achieving big things with ambitious growth targets to match. This means there's a range of opportunities for you to excel and develop through a career at Zopa, while building better banking products that truly matter to our customers.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa. For a closer look at our culture, check out our latest video here. And if you want to join us, have a look at our current open roles!
You will join Zopa’s small Treasury team, reporting to the Head of Treasury and will be involved in all aspects of the work the team is involved with, including cash flow management, interest rate risk, liquidity management and FTP. Exposure to all aspects of Treasury activities will enable you to quickly broaden your knowledge, helping you to develop your career at Zopa.
A day in the life:
- Production and circulation of daily MI covering Treasury’s activities, ensuring reporting is timely and accurate.
- Production of monthly ALCO pack. Liaise with colleagues across the bank to deliver appropriate MI.
- Attend ALCO meetings, taking minutes and updating action logs as required.
- Understand impact of product decisions on Treasury cash requirements. Move cash in a timely manner to avoid any operational impacts.
- Work with Treasury Managers to support their work, including liquidity management, IRRBB and FTP reporting.
- Ongoing management of hedge portfolio, including agreeing margin calls as required.
- Awareness and understanding of relevant policies and standards governing Treasury activities.
- Assist the Treasurer in managing ongoing compliance requirements, including the update of the RCSAs.
- Enhance use of Finance/Treasury systems.
- Assist regulatory reporting team with Treasury related regulatory reports
- Play a part in delivering projects, as required
- Work collaboratively with internal groups including Accounting, FP&A, Capital Markets, Regulatory Reporting, Risk & Compliance, IT, Operations and Legal
- Work with all other members of the Treasury team to ensure all activities have appropriate levels of cover
- You’ll ideally have experience in treasury, most likely in a UK retail Bank or Building Society
- The ability to communicate effectively and will be confident in presenting at internal committees
- Confident in using appropriate software tools and programs and are willing to learn new ones as required.
- You’re able to work well with cross functional teams and external partners
- You have strong quantitative skills, problem-solving, and must be detail-oriented
- A strong interest in Fintech and broader financial services industry
- You’re a fast learner – keen to develop your knowledge and be exposed to new concepts, processes and systems
- Able to organise and analyse statistical data and prepare comprehensive reports
What we offer:
- A fun, fast-moving, non-hierarchical and meritocratic environment in which you will be challenged and recognised
- A small experienced Treasury team within a growing Bank, where you will get first-hand experience of everything a bank Treasury deals with, and start making a meaningful contribution straight away
- An environment where people with a mindset to drive automation, efficiency and optimisation will thrive
Flexible working? Yes please!
Whether you want to come into our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office or work from the comfort of your own home (or both!), you’ll be able to decide on an approach with your manager, looking at what works best for you, your role and your team.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.