Compliance Manager - Retail Advisory
CRO General – CRO General /
Employee - Permanent
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We started our journey back in 2005, building the first ever peer-to-peer lending company. Fast forward to 2020 and we launched Zopa Bank. A bank that listens to what our customers don’t like about finance and does the opposite. We’re redefining what it feels like to work in finance. Our vision for a new era of banking puts people front and centre — we’ve built a business that empowers everyone to aim high, every day, to move finance forward. Find out more about our fantastic offerings at Zopa.com!
We’re incredibly proud of our achievements and none of it would be possible without the amazing team here. It’s not just industry awards we’re winning, we’ve also been named in the top three UK’s Most Loved Workplaces.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa, so join us, and make it count. Want to see us in action? Follow us on Instagram @zopalife
As a Compliance Manager, you will provide regulatory advice, guidance and oversight support to the business and assist the Head of Compliance (line manager) and Compliance Director (SMF16/17) in ensuring that Zopa, its staff and key stake holders all conduct their business in accordance with all relevant payments regulations and standards. We have a friendly, fun, and ambitious culture where everyone contributes pro-actively towards the growth of the business, so a parallel mind-set is what we are looking for.
A day in the life:
- Providing day to day advice on Payment Services Regulations (PSRs) and other regulatory requirements
- Supporting the Bank’s regulatory change agenda as the payments compliance subject matter expert
- Identifying and analysing regulatory change relating to payments
- Providing advice and support as a second line of defence and making sure of regulatory compliance in payments and fair outcomes for customers are implemented
- You have demonstrable compliance experience in a Payment Service Provider or financial services firm
- A deep understanding of both the business issues and the key regulatory challenges faced across the payments sector, including areas of supervisory focus
- Knowledge and experience of the PSRs and PSD2 will be essential
- Deep understanding of the FCA’s policies, procedures, and approach
- Experience of translating regulatory rules and guidance into meaningful, fit-for-purpose and pragmatic solutions for the wider business
- Experience managing relationships with the 1LoD and demonstrating the capability to act as a trusted partner.
Flexible working? Yes please!
At Zopa we value flexible ways of working. We understand the benefits of face-to-face collaboration and the importance of a good work life balance. Our teams work in a hybrid manner from our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office and the comfort of their own homes at a frequency that suits the team and the work they do.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to better products for our customers and a unique company culture for our people. We are made up of nearly 50 nationalities, have a DE&I forum made up of Zopians wanting to make a difference and we are proud of our culture where everyone can bring their full self to work. Our approach to DE&I is reflected in our hiring process so please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.