Operations – Customer Services /
Employee - Permanent
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’ve been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving, and we’ve just launched a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
We have an exciting new role for a Complaints Officer within the Customer Services Team.
The key purpose of this role is to support the Complaints Team in ensuring that all customer complaints are handled in accordance with our internal Complaints Handling Policy and Procedures.
The successful candidate will be dedicated to providing complainants with fair outcomes whilst providing an exceptional level of customer service.
A day in the life:
- Investigate, record, respond to and seek to effectively resolve customer complaints verbally and in writing
- Ensure complaints are managed in line with TCF and internal procedures and policies as dictated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- TCF and FCA regulation considerations
- Provide exceptional customer service to all complainants ensuring complaints are managed fairly, accurately and clearly. Responding to them within set time limits
- Liaise with internal departments to gather information to ensure the thorough resolution of complaints as well as providing key feedback on complaint causes to the business
- Make suggestions to improve processes and documentation to reduce complaints
- You’ll have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You’ve got experience working in financial services within a customer facing role
- You’ll have previous complaints handling experience within a financial services environment
- You’ve got previous experience of handling application fraud and Credit Card complaints
- Ideally, you’ll have previous experience of handling Secured Lending and Investments complaints
- You’re a patient and willing listener
- You’ve got the ability to remain calm under pressure
- You’re able to meet tight deadlines
- You’re able to grasp new systems
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.