Capital Markets Associate
Capital Markets – Capital Markets
At Zopa, we’re shaping the future of finance.
We offer simple loans and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In the 12 years we’ve been in business, we’ve helped more than 60,000 people lend over £3 billion to 246,000 UK consumers.
And our journey’s only just beginning. In November 2016 we announced our plans to build a next generation bank so that we can bring a greater range of smart, ethical finance products to even more people.
Zopa's Capital Markets & Institutional Lending team is responsible for managing Zopa’s relationships with institutional sources of capital – from asset managers to banks that lend through the platform; financing providers who leverage investments; and equity investors who back Zopa. This involves building relationships with these investors, negotiating and executing transactions, data analytics, performance reporting and financial modelling.
We're looking for a Capital Markets Associate, that will play a hands-on analytical role, managing institutional investors, structuring and overseeing financing facilities, and assisting with equity fundraising for Zopa.
The team leads conversations with prospective institutional investors, both for loan and equity investments, as well as being deeply involved in the launch of Zopa Bank.
One of our achievements was the securitisation of a portfolio of Zopa loans, sponsored by one of Zopa’s institutional lenders. The September 2016 transaction was the first of its kind in Europe, and was followed by a second in October 2017. In both occasions, the team worked very closely with investors, banks and rating agencies to deliver a successful outcome.
On a day to day basis, the Capital Markets Associate will:
- Produce materials for and manage financing transactions, securitisations and equity fundraising
- Negotiate transaction terms and assist with legal documents in relation to both loan and equity investments
- Lead production of regular investor presentations, and create & reconcile data reports
- Coordinate the due diligence with third parties (institutions, rating agencies, auditors)
In order to do this role, we'd like the Capital Markets Associate to come in with the following experience:
- 3-5 years previous experience in financial services (investment banking / asset management / rating agencies or similar)
- Higher education in economics, statistics, maths, or similar
- Familiarity with fixed income markets and credit risk management
- Developed project management skills
- Strong quantitative skills, problem-solving, and must be detail-oriented
- Ability to build relations with, communicate with and present to external and internal stakeholders
- Ideally experience in the structuring / ongoing management of securitisation structures
- Multi-talented with the ability to work autonomously, take on new projects and develop new skills in a fast-pace environment
- Very good financial modelling (Excel), data analysis and PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge of (or interest in developing) basic programming skills (SQL, Tableau, Python)
- Ability to communicate ideas and structures to external and internal stakeholders
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.