Operations – Risk
At Zopa, we’re shaping the future of finance.
We offer simple loans and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In the 12 years we’ve been in business, we’ve helped more than 60,000 people lend over £2 billion to 246,000 UK consumers.
And our journey’s only just beginning. In November 2016 we announced our plans to build a next generation bank so that we can bring a greater range of smart, ethical finance products to even more people.
As part of our expansion we are currently looking for a Portfolio Analyst to join our team. The successful candidate will join the Portfolio Management team and will help take our portfolio analytics to the next level. The team is responsible for monitoring and forecasting our growing consumer credit portfolio, as well as managing our NPV and secondary market pricing models for unsecured loans. The Analyst will help build and shape the team and be a key part in developing tools and capabilities to build and manage effectively Zopa Bank’s own credit portfolio.
You will work with cross-functional teams including risk analytics, data science, product and IT, influencing strategic decisions and ultimately helping define where Zopa’s portfolio is heading.
We look for bright individuals with analytical capabilities, who can drive insights from data and quickly transition between the detail of the performance of a specific product to the broad view of Zopa’s portfolio, where it is heading and how our decisions will impact it.
Personal characteristics required
- You have an inquisitive mind, are intrinsically curious and are passionate about deriving insights from data
- You're analytical, have excellent attention to detail and you work well under pressure
- You're independent, well organised with a "can do" attitude
- You have a strong drive to deliver and improve things and are keen to dig deeper and investigate further to get the job done
Essential Skills and Experience
- Ability to consistently deliver accurate, error-free analyses to a high standard within tight deadlines
- Ability to drive insight from data, assess the commercial / financial impact and recommend action
- Ability to work with large and disparate datasets, understand the meaning and limitations of the data and drive improvements
- Conceptual thinking – ability to find innovative ways to solve analytical problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to translate insight into a coherent story that drives action
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well within cross-functional teams
- Programming with Python, R or similar languages in a data science context (creating models, segmentations or solving complex problems), at least to a basic level
- Strong academic background, with Bachelors Degree in any quantitative field (Business, Maths, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Science or Engineering)
- 2 - 5 years' experience in an analytical role, with relevant experience in financial or business modelling
- Very good Excel and SQL (or SAS) skills
Desirable but not required:
- Masters Degree in Business or quantitative field such as Finance, Economics, Physical Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering
- Previous Portfolio Management or Risk Analytics experience in a Financial Services Organization
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.