Technology – Software Engineering
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’re been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving and we’re now launching a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
Job Title: QA Engineer
Location: London Bridge
Start Date: Wednesday 24th July 2019
Closing Date: Thursday 22nd August 2019
Are you quick to spot the critical bugs? Do you excel at finding what’s wrong with software? Does creating the best software and user experience excite you?
Are you able to set up automation frameworks from scratch and create CI/CD jobs to run the tests?
Are you technical and have a passion for backend testing and understanding how services work?
Zopa is looking for Automation Quality Assurance Engineers like you. A little more than just a traditional QA Engineer but with excellent technical skills and an understanding of how development testing works.
Zopa operates in a Tribes and Squads model meaning you would be plugged into a cross functional team with developers and any other areas of expertise required for the squad to achieve their goals.
In this role, you will need to put yourself in the end user's shoes and make sure the product answers all their unique actions, needs and points of interaction with the product. You will work closely with people across engineering, product and support to help deliver an amazing experience using the best technologies available. You will also be responsible for instilling a Quality driven mindset into the Squad.
- Hold 10+ years of experience as a Test /QA Engineer
- Manual testing experience
- Hold experience in designing & developing automation frameworks in Java and at least one other language
- Experience testing Web APIs using any automation tools (e.g. Postman)
- Experience with GIT or similar
- Performance Testing experience using Java and/or Python a bonus
- SQL experience (Minimum - able to comfortably query databases)
- Able to automate the backend
- Experience with CI/CD (Jenkins or similar) and the ability to set up and run automation
- Experience working with microservices’
- Experience of full end-to-end testing
- Hold strong knowledge of Oracle Database 12c
- Hold strong UAT experience
- Experience working with Selenium WebDriver
- Experience working with Kafka
- Experience working with Splunk
- Experience working with Kubernetes
- Proven ability to write quality test plans, test cases and bugs
- Excellent reporting of metrics for test coverage for releases
- Exposure to at least two Agile principle based frameworks - Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall
- Previous exposure of working with offshore teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to up-skill and technically train other QA members
- Ability to analyse test scenarios, apply critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience in leading a QA Team
- Ability to think beyond assigned task, and be a good team player
- Hold an ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Certification in Software Testing
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.