Procurement & Supplier Relationship Manager
Procurement – Procurement
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’re been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving and we’re now launching a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
We’re looking for Procurement and Supplier Relationship Manager to design and deliver category strategies to manage performance, risk and value from our relationships with suppliers. The role will span a broad range of spend including Technology, Marketing, Professional Services, HR and Facilities. This is an exciting time to join our Procurement function, 2 years into its journey of supporting key business objectives and you will be well supported by senior management to deliver real value.
Day to day you 'll be:
- Partnering with a broad range of business teams to plan and execute sourcing activity encompassing tender exercises, bench marking and contract negotiations on assigned categories
- Supervising and performing supplier relationship management activity. This will involve overseeing a robust supplier management programme encompassing management of contract obligations and service levels, supplier due diligence, renewal and exit planning
- Supervising and supporting internal stakeholders in the execution of procurement and supplier management policies and procedures Ensuring oversight of commercial performance is balanced with operational risk management
- Engaging with internal stakeholders and external suppliers in the identification and execution of cost efficiency improvements. Ensuring cost optimisation is balanced with the management of risks
- Contributing to the development and implementation of frameworks and processes to manage suppliers for performance, risk and value
- Demonstrable experience in sourcing and supplier relationship management execution ideally within the financial services sector or a fast-paced technology environment
- Strong subject matter expertise in the commercial and operational risk management of suppliers, across a range of categories
- You will be well versed in regulation impacting on outsourcing and third-party risk management or able to develop this understanding at pace
- You will have a mix of subject matter expertise and great communication skills to have an impact on business teams and key stakeholders
- You have strong problem-solving and analytical skills. We move fast... you are nimble with the ability to prioritise, work under pressure and meet deadlines whilst working accurately with attention to detail.
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.