Experience Design – Experience Design /
Employee - Permanent
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We began our journey in 2005 with the drive to deliver customer-first financial products. Fast forward to 2020, we shifted gears and became a digital bank, leveraging our customer knowledge, money expertise and technical agility to forge ahead. Our diverse team is united by a mission to create simple, fair and honest financial products that have the customers’ needs at their heart.
We’re regularly recognised at industry awards for our game-changing products and are proud to be one of the market leaders in consumer lending in the UK. But our work doesn’t stop there.
After securing £220 million in our 2021 funding round led by SoftBank, we’ve entered the next stage in our journey. So far, we’ve lent out over £8 billion and made money work better for over half a million people across the UK who were looking to borrow or save with us. In less than 2 years after becoming a bank, we hit £2 billion in customer deposits and we’re also a top 5 credit card issuer in the UK. And this is just the beginning.
We’re set on achieving big things with ambitious growth targets to match. This means there's a range of opportunities for you to excel and develop through a career at Zopa, while building better banking products that truly matter to our customers.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa. For a closer look at our culture, check out our latest video here. And if you want to join us, have a look at our current open roles!
As a Service Designer, you will lead design initiatives that impact end-to-end customer journeys and design experiences for a range of consumer-facing products and services. Your work will have a meaningful impact on a large scale. You'll be working with teams of Designers, Product Managers, Researchers and other stakeholders to lead the design of services that deliver on user needs and business objectives.
Reporting into the Head of Service Design, you will be responsible for looking across our product ecosystem to solve customer problems and identify opportunities to deliver excellent experiences.
- Leading projects to design services that work for a wide variety of people across Zopa’s product ecosystem
- Working on holistic challenges taking into account both the front and back stage elements of the customer journey
- Collaborating with Product Designers, Research and Product Teams on end-to-end projects from defining the challenge and understanding the problem through to bringing them to life in digital experiences
- Facilitating design workshops, design sprints and another collaborative activities to bring stakeholders together
- Leading high quality research on multiple aspects of how users engage with products and experiences and turning insights into service opportunities
- You will be accountable for your growth as an individual practitioner and the growth of your peers
- You will be an advocate for the needs of Zopa's current and potential customers
- You will communicate outcomes to diverse audiences through stories and verbal presentations
- You have strong qualitative research experience on both discovery and validation design problems and a passion for explaining insights in a way that other people understand. Experience improving and innovating on research tools and methods is a bonus
- You have experience taking complex and ambiguous problems and solving them in unusual and innovative ways, embracing a curious and flexible mindset, Iterative thinking and ‘learning by doing’
- You can demonstrate conceptual thinking and visualisation, envisioning journeys, systems, ecosystems etc. in a way that is usable and clear for many different stakeholders
- You are well versed in UX practices and outputs, including accessibility and inclusive design
- You are able to see the ‘big picture’, with a toolkit of service design, innovation and design thinking processes and the ability to apply the right tool for the task
- You are a guide and coach for designers in your areas of expertise on projects, so you’ll be a genuine team player and keen to contribute more broadly to our design community
- You thrive in an environment with short feedback loops
Please include in your application a portfolio of work showing your process from challenge to solution and its impact. Ideally your portfolio will show tangible work examples of your different approaches and deliverables. Thank you, we look forward to hearing from you!
Flexible working? Yes please!
Whether you want to come into our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office or work from the comfort of your own home (or both!), you’ll be able to decide on an approach with your manager, looking at what works best for you, your role and your team.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.