Product & Design – Product
At Zopa, we’re shaping the future of finance.
We offer simple loans and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In the 12 years we’ve been in business, we’ve helped more than 60,000 people lend over £3 billion to 246,000 UK consumers.
And our journey’s only just beginning. In November 2016 we announced our plans to build a next generation bank so that we can bring a greater range of smart, ethical finance products to even more people.
At Zopa, a Product Analyst identifies and drives through improvements to the product which enhance commercial performance and generate customer enthusiasm. They analyse performance, identify problems and opportunities, determine how they ought to be addressed and then supports efficient implementation so that even better products are delivered to our customers.
They understand the product inside out, while also understanding the context of the wider business and industry.
Our Product Analysts may not always be the final decision maker, but they are responsible for ensuring the decision gets made. They gather and analyse the right information and effectively presents it to the business, understanding who the stakeholders are, and ensuring that the right people are behind each decision.
Zopa’s Product Analysts have a passion for technology, are commercially astute while also empathetic, allowing them to understand customers and colleagues alike.
What Commercial Product Analysts at Zopa look like:
- Driven - energetic, self-motivated, and can motivate others
- Quantitative –draw data-driven insights using many tools including Python, SQL, Tableau, and Excel, to dive into the raw data
- Passionate about creating impact
- Works fast, without compromising quality and with high attention to detail
- Curious, rigorous thinkers / interrogators – always probing beyond a simple answer, assuming nothing
- Critical - constantly looking at ways to improve self, product, others
- Collaborative – they bring people together, understand the value each other person can bring and how to get the most out of the team
- Efficient – constantly seek ways to enhance their own personal effectiveness, to do more with less and reduce waste. They find their personal flow and help the team to find its flow
- Adaptable – they can shift their role to fit whatever is needed most, a shape-shifter
- They care more about getting to the right decision and being able to rigorously justify the decision, than about consensus
- Non-hierarchical – instead they have personal power and projection. They can influence from top, bottom and sideways, up, down and across
- Personable, friendly, approachable, cares about other people
- Understand and accept Zopa’s own values
Where are Commercial Product Analysts at Zopa from? What is their background?
- Quantitative background which some experience driving data insights from tricky data that requires SQL, R or Python
- Possibly ex-consulting, from a large financial services co. that is strongly data-driven / analytical (e.g. Capital One, Barclaycard)
- If ex-MBA, they come with the core skills & frameworks that they learn, but also with a strong appetite for operational experience and without a sense of entitlement
- Typically, they have moved around (or up) quickly. They are restless, ambitious future leaders, actively managing their career to grow fast and gain experience within an organisation
- They have taken some risk or prepared to take some risk. They are bold and seek the bigger reward, or outside of work they are adventure-seekers
- They have a wide range of interests. There is something that surprises you about them on their cv
- Strong interest in tech development, but not a tech engineer / developer (otherwise they can’t resist saying how it should be done, and that’s not their job). Able to challenge a spot where engineers are missing something / going down the wrong path
- Evidence of execution focus – a proven track record of delivering stuff
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.