Senior Data Engineer
Data Excellence – Data Excellence /
Employee - Permanent
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’re been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving, and we’ve just launched a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
Job Title: Senior Data Engineer
Location: London Bridge
Advert Start Date: Tuesday 6th October 2020
Closing Date: Tuesday 3rd November 2020
As Data Engineers at Zopa, our goal is to democratise the data to empower individuals at all levels in the organisation to make right decisions to drive better customer experience.
We work with bigdata, by leveraging the latest tools and technologies in AWS cloud we are building the scalable, reliable and securable data platform at the enterprise level.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to lead the data warehouse and data lakes related projects. This is a fast-paced and dynamic work environment with ever changing needs and tight deadlines. We work in agile ways where we ship the products and new features every week.
A day in the life
- Liaise with data scientists, data analysts and decision-makers such as product owners and business analysts to gather and analyse the data requirements
- Design, build, refractor and optimise various data pipelines required for the data lakes and data warehouse
- Design and implement various data models to ensure the data integrity, ease of data access and for better query performance
- Implement various data quality checks to ensure accuracy, completeness, consistency and reliability of the data
- Provide guidance and mentorship to other members of the team
- You’ll have 4+ years demonstrable experience in data engineering or related domain
- You'll have great interpersonal, relationship building and influencing skills
- You'll have a true passion for project management, execution and getting things done
- You’ll have robust understanding of Python data structures and algorithms
- You’ll have experience with building custom data pipelines using Python and PySpark
- You’ll have experience with Redshift or Postgres databases and proficient in writing complex SQL queries
- You’ll have experience with different AWS services like Lambda, Glue, S3, Athena, DMS, etc.,
- You’ll have experience with CI/CD pipelines
- You’ll have an understanding of software development life cycle and practices such as coding standards, code reviews and version control using Git
- You’ll have excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- You'll be passionate about learning new and cutting-edge technologies!
Bonus points for...
- AWS Certifications –Solution Architect, Developer, Data Analytics or equivalent
- Knowledge about Streaming applications
- Exposure to any BI tools
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.