Collections Technical Product Owner
Service Excellence Tribe – Product
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’re been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving and we’re now launching a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
With the launch of our bank we will soon have customers that hold multiple Zopa products (including Credit Card, Personal Loans, Car Finance). If this type of customer gets into arrears most companies would simply execute individual strategies for each individual product. We don’t think that’s good customer experience – so we want to talk to customers about their holistic situation across however many products they hold with us, and then make sure we find them the best solution given their individual circumstances. In order to achieve this we need to build the systems that will enable this strategy and more.
We’re looking for someone who could be currently working in a software delivery environment, who would be interested in being part of a team tasked with designing and building greenfield infrastructure to underpin our Collections and Recoveries capabilities. Your background is likely as a Business Analyst, Systems Analyst or a Product Manager and you will have at least five years’ experience under your belt.
A day in the life:
- Identifying business requirements and processes for complex back end systems (rather than a consumer facing product) in a product / business analyst capacity
- Assisting with the design and documentation of system functional & non-functional requirements in formats to facilitate development
- You’ll have a strong interest in tech development, and able to provide constructive challenge to the engineers as they are designing solutions
- Willingness to learn and build a strong understanding of how the business works at a systems level
- Ability to take ownership and drive the project forward independently in a constantly evolving environment
- SQL understanding would be handy but not critical
- You'll loves tech and want to be fully immersed within an agile software development team on a day to day basis!
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.