Credit Risk Manager – Motor Finance
Auto Finance Tribe – Analytics
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’re been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving and we’re now launching a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
We're looking for a Credit Risk Manager to own credit risk for our Car Finance business. This is a key growth area for Zopa – we started booking secured car loans 18 months ago, and have ambitious plans to grow our proposition across broker/dealers and innovative direct-to-consumer channels. You'll be responsible for leading the Risk Analytics team that's in charge of driving step-change improvements in credit performance by developing risk models, testing hypotheses, monitoring portfolio trends and mitigating impacts of sector-specific risks. In addition, the team also develop risk strategies spanning the entire customer lifecycle from Application and Fraud Prevention to Collections and Recoveries.
This high performing team made up of bright individuals with analytical capabilities, who can translate numbers into business opportunities and deliver insights to drive decision-making.
You have proven experience in:
- Changing/removing/adding credit policy rules, vehicle rules and product features
- Using a new scorecard to make decisions, doing swap analysis and understanding the risks
- Building NPV models to inform lending decisions and marketing strategy, and understanding their limitations
- Using analytics to inform collections prioritisation / recoveries strategy
- Grounding the loss/default assumption to be used in acquisition or customer management decisions
- You'll have deep credit risk experience, specifically in motor finance
- You'll have a very deep understanding of credit risk combined with a very high level of commercial awareness
- You'll have heaps of experience in leading projects where you’ve used data to influence senior management to do something differently to how they originally thought it should be done
- You have an analytical background, perhaps coming from maths, stats etc. or related
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.