Credit Risk Analyst
Risk – Credit Risk
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good MoneyTM company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
As part of our expansion we are currently looking for a Credit Risk Analyst to join our team.
You will join the Risk Analytics team and be in charge of driving step-change improvements in credit performance by developing risk models, hypothesis testing, and monitoring portfolio trends.
The Risk Analytics team at Zopa is responsible for credit risk strategies spanning the entire customer lifecycle from Application and Fraud Prevention to Existing Customer Strategies.
You will work with cross-functional teams including sales, data science, product and IT to develop and drive growth strategies, influence strategic decisions and identify new opportunities through the application of leading-edge analytical techniques.
We look for bright individuals with analytical capabilities, who can translate numbers into business opportunities and deliver insights to drive decision-making.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Analytical skills
- A degree/diploma or equivalent in an analytical or business related discipline
- Conceptual thinking – ability to find innovative ways to solve analytical problems
- Ability to drive insight from data, assess the commercial / financial impact and recommend action
- Ability to consistently deliver accurate, error-free results to a high standard within tight deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to translate insight into a coherent story that drives action
- Bachelors Degree in any quantitative field (Business, Maths, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Science or Engineering)
- 2+ years' experience in Analysis
- Very good SQL or SAS skills
Desirable but not required
- Masters Degree in Business or quantitative field such as Finance, Economics, Physical Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering
- Good programming ability with either Python, R, Scala, Java or Matlab in a data science context (either creating propensity models, segmentations or solving complex problems using optimisations techniques)
- Previous Risk Analytics experience in a Financial Services Organization
Personal characteristics required
- You have an inquisitive mind, are intrinsically curious and are passionate about deriving insights from data
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well within cross-functional teams
- You're analytical, have excellent attention to detail and you work well under pressure
- You're independent, well organised with a "can do" attitude
Ok, I’m in. What can Zopa offer me?
· A relaxed and informal office overlooking the Thames at London Bridge, full of break out spaces for collaborative working, and of course the obligatory office bean bags, which no one can ever get up from with dignity
· A genuine promise that everyone is welcome at Zopa – regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion
· Transparent and informative weekly team meetings on Friday’s afternoons with drinks
· On site Yoga classes weekly
· A games room with well used ping pong and football tables
· A dedicated room for meditation, relaxation and prayer
· To surround you with a group of like-minded Zopians who operate with passion and integrity
· A tailor-made integration plan to set you up for success and an ongoing focus on your performance and development
· Two paid days per year to volunteer for a good cause of your choice
· Free tea and coffee throughout the day
· Free breakfast every morning
· A competitive compensation and benefits package
· We can’t guarantee it, but we’re always open to a chat about flexible working
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.