Credit Risk Analyst
Operations – Risk
At Zopa, we’re shaping the future of finance.
We offer simple loans and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In the 12 years we’ve been in business, we’ve helped more than 60,000 people lend over £3 billion to 246,000 UK consumers.
And our journey’s only just beginning. In November 2016 we announced our plans to build a next generation bank so that we can bring a greater range of smart, ethical finance products to even more people.
As part of our expansion we are currently looking for a Credit Risk Analyst to join our team.
You will join the Risk Analytics team and be in charge of driving step-change improvements in credit performance by developing risk models, hypothesis testing, and monitoring portfolio trends.
The Risk Analytics team at Zopa is responsible for credit risk strategies spanning the entire customer lifecycle from Application and Fraud Prevention to Existing Customer Strategies.
You will work with cross-functional teams including sales, data science, product and IT to develop and drive growth strategies, influence strategic decisions and identify new opportunities through the application of leading-edge analytical techniques.
We look for bright individuals with analytical capabilities, who can translate numbers into business opportunities and deliver insights to drive decision-making.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Analytical skills
- A degree/diploma or equivalent in an analytical or business related discipline
- Conceptual thinking – ability to find innovative ways to solve analytical problems
- Ability to drive insight from data, assess the commercial / financial impact and recommend action
- Ability to consistently deliver accurate, error-free results to a high standard within tight deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to translate insight into a coherent story that drives action
- Bachelors Degree in any quantitative field (Business, Maths, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Science or Engineering)
- 2+ years' experience in Analysis
- Very good SQL or SAS skills
Desirable but not required
- Masters Degree in Business or quantitative field such as Finance, Economics, Physical Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering
- Good programming ability with either Python, R, Scala, Java or Matlab in a data science context (either creating propensity models, segmentations or solving complex problems using optimisations techniques)
- Previous Risk Analytics experience in a Financial Services Organization
Personal characteristics required
- You have an inquisitive mind, are intrinsically curious and are passionate about deriving insights from data
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well within cross-functional teams
- You're analytical, have excellent attention to detail and you work well under pressure
- You're independent, well organised with a "can do" attitude
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.