Lead Product Designer
Bank Build - Engagement Squad – Design
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good Money company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
About the role:
As part of our growth, we’re seeking a Product Design Lead to head up our Product Design chapter. This is a newly created role and we’d like you to shape the role as it as it evolves.
As a Product Designer yourself, you’ll work within one of the cross-functional squads to define requirements, develop iterative design options, and test ideas extensively prior to launch to make sure we understand and meet user needs. We expect that roughly half of your time will be spent being hands-on, then the rest of the time you’ll be introducing best practices, coaching other designers and working across Zopa evolving our Product Design culture.
More specifically, these are some of the things that will be important for you to focus on:
- Helping the chapter to work across multiple tribes more effectively. You’ll establish chapter rituals and drive collaboration, cross-pollination of ideas and team cohesion.
- Facilitate the evolution of our Product Design system
- Working in close collaboration with the Creative Director, making sure our brand identity is accurately reflected in product implementation
- Looking at how we use both quantitative and qualitative data to inform design decisions across our products
- Being hands-on: maximising accessibility, clarity, and transparency in all design
- Running user testing on design concepts to ensure we meet user needs
- Empowering our Product Designers to do their best work; you’ll help them in their professional development, give clarity on career progression and work together to set goals
- Build, evolve and maintain a great Product Design culture at Zopa. This will include evolving our feedback culture. You’ll also be involved in representing Zopa externally in ways that work for you (blog posts, speaking opportunities etc.)
- Partnering with our People team to help hire, grow and retain the best talent
You should apply if:
- You enjoy being hands on and will be motivated by the challenge of both a hands-on and leadership position
- You are excited by the challenge of helping customers to understand financial concepts and their options. Whilst you don’t need experience working on financial products, a deep understanding and passion for creating customer centric products drives you
- You care deeply about creating and evolving a great Product Design culture and can share examples with us about how you’ve gone about doing this in the past
- You have experience mentoring and coaching other designers
- You have a high level of empathy, great communication and presentation skills
- Proven experience of designing with the customer at the centre of all decision making
- Proven experience of brand implementation within the product space
- You understand testing methodologies, both A/B testing and user testing and the ability to implement these testing frameworks
- You understand how to work effectively in a cross functional team
- Please include your portfolio in your application.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.