Branding and Comms – Branding
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good Money company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
We’re looking for an exceptional creative Lead Copywriter to join a brand-new team tasked with creating industry disrupting campaigns across all Zopa channels, ensuring the customer experience is always first.
You’ll work with the Creative Director to develop and drive the brand’s Tone of Voice. You’ll be an expert in your field, as this is a hands-on creative role, partnered with the Lead Creative, you’ll work as a team to personally craft and develop campaign ideas across the company, personally writing, crafting and developing copy across all areas from UX/UI copy to script-writing, social media, SEO, PR’s and both long and short form copy. Placed centrally with the Zopa team structure, you’ll work across the whole organization, and provide mentorship and guidance to the copywriters placed within the Zopa Tribe structure. Extensive experience in creating dynamic and relevant customer focused content is a must. As is the drive, passion and experience to develop and shape a team.
You’ll know how to write copy that makes people open emails, click buttons and flow through a product journey without overwhelming them. You’ll also be able to write knock-out campaign lines that deliver a hook. And if that wasn’t enough, you’ll be confident enough to flip between the two.
We’re building a next generation bank with multiple products, and the journey will be an adventure. As part of a newly forming team, this role is hands on from the start and will develop over time as the team of creatives is built. This is a roll-your-sleeves-up and get stuck-in to whatever needs doing to move and shape the team and brand towards its goals. In return, the role provides the right candidate with the opportunity to shape and define one of the industry’s most innovative and forward-thinking companies.
On a day to day basis you’ll be:
- A rock steady support for the Creative Director for all things copy, developing the brand Tone of Voice along the way
- Juggling between writing scripts for advertising, short and informational content, campaigns – including print and digital, all the while working autonomously
- Hands-on, sleeves-up writer, capable of taking a creative brief and inputting innovative ideas, working closely with relevant parties to formulate conversations that strengthens our relationships with our customers
- Delving into the detail whilst retaining a topline view of brand ToV
- Contributing to the achievement of the creative strategy and translating the overall creative direction into designs
- Partnering with other creative team members including design and content to develop strong innovative creative concepts, ensuring brand consistency through visual and copy guidelines
- Tracking content and campaigns across Tribes and Brand, ensuring seamless communication across products and brand
- Continually developing and refining ToV guidelines for all customer and employer brand communications
- Guiding and mentoring copywriters within the business, proofreading work, shaping and influencing ToV
- Liaising closely with the Creative Director and key team members during peak periods to help forecast crunch points in resource
- Seeking out and seizing opportunities as they arise
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with all internal clients
- Continually looking to improve business working processes, looking for SMART ways to reduce both overall costs and efficiencies within the role
- Using post-campaign analysis to continuously improve ToV
- Ensuring compliance with law (e.g. financial regulation, copyright and data protection)
This is the background we'd like to see on your CV/profile:
- A portfolio that not only shows great the copy you've created from both a campaign and product perspective, but also explains why and how you go about creating customer centric, impactful copy
- Demonstration of excellent written English, with a proven understanding of modern grammar and UK vernacular
- Extensive proven experience in developing commercially viable, customer focused copy, delivering to brief within a tracked CPA
- A sound knowledge of existing and emerging platforms - Blogs, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Facebook and how to tailor copy to each differing audience
- A proven understanding of copy writing for UX/UI and responsive design
- Knowledge and experience of marketing communications and extensive experience in collaborating with a design and content teams
- Fully conversant with Microsoft office programs
- Excellent proven communication skills and experience working with cross-functional teams in brief development and translation to concept
- Ability to manage and mentor talent
- Strong leadership skills and a true team player
- Extensive proven experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstration of accuracy, attention to detail and organization skills
- Knowledge of ASA guidelines
- Degree or equivalent education in English, Communication or related field
- Experience in the finance and/or tech industries and advantage
On a personal level, these are the qualities we’d like to see:
- You’ll be a positive advocate of the Zopa brand vision and ToV internally
- and externally
- A desire to constantly push your own skill set
- That you’re a self-starter who’s efficient at time management
- The ability to work autonomously
Please provide your portfolio with your application.