IT Service Delivery and Operations Director
Technology – Tech Ops
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good Money company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
The IT Service Delivery and Operations Director’s role at Zopa reports to the CTO. The scope of their role encompasses IT Service delivery as well as Corporate IT functions at Zopa. The effective leadership of the IT Department is crucial as IT forms a critical part of the company supply chain in providing services to Zopa’s internal users and external customers and partners.
The IT department is a major business enabler and the IT Service Delivery and Operations Director will forge strong relationships with internal business stakeholders, ensuring business requirements are translated into IT deliverables and capabilities, prioritised and supported in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Zopa enjoys a lean, nimble and efficient organisation structure and resource pool, with Agile delivery methodology and Tribe/Squad structure for development. The IT Service Delivery and Operations Director will be versed in change, incident management and delivery and will ensure the IT Department is optimised to support the rapid pace of change in Zopa’s product lines and customer facing services.
The successful candidate will have a strong technical background and process-driven orientation as well as be confident in leading high performing technical resources across a wide range of delivery and support areas.
The successful candidate will have experience and confidence in the delivery and operation of the following areas:
- Good experience in ITIL disciplines; Incident, Problem and Change Management
- Experienced in Project and Programme Management, tracking and reporting
- Experienced Operational lead, comfortable in leading troubleshooting situations
- Expert in reporting and communication technical reports and processes to business stakeholders and non-technical resources
- Good working knowledge of ServiceNow and the ITSM ecosystem
- Strong and proven stakeholder management ability
- Broad knowledge in all aspects of delivering effective internal IT services
- Email, Messaging and Collaboration Platforms
- Desktop (Mac and Windows) and Help Desk Services
- Video Conferencing
- LAN and Wi-Fi experience
- Responsible for IT asset management (hardware, software, equipment)
- Drive performance and efficiency through KPI and ticket management
- Support CTO, CEO and other stakeholders at internal and external meetings
- Be an advocate for exemplary service and quality
- Business Case development and presentation
- Vendor negotiation and contract management and overall budget-driven management
- Liaise with Procurement and Legal Partners, adhere to Audits and Regulation requirements throughout
- Budget forecasting and diligent management, OpEx and CapEx
- KPI orientated, driving performance and efficiency
- Process orientated and versed in developing and codifying Policies and Practices
- Lead and develop the annual roadmap by which the unit is to evolve
- Ensure a strong understanding of IT opportunities and needs
- Support the project management activities associated with project implementations and act as the liaison to manage road blocks or issues affecting the timely activation of approved projects
- Partner with business leaders to ensure that business value is extracted from the relevant IT investments
- Maintain a constant communication and support the demands of the business
- Provide the Leadership Team with effective and proactive updates and reporting on IT related matters
- Monitor the evolution of technology and provide the organization with relevant level of information to support more effective decision making and business planning
- Develop a strategy for the identification, selection and ongoing management of IT suppliers & partners
- Responsible for driving the development and execution of the reporting of the function’s activities, KPIs and time allocation
- Update plans for new product/service releases, ensuring key stakeholder alignment
- Execute IT project plans as approved by lead teams providing timely updates and proactively resolving issues
- Drive the implementation of procedures and policies in conjunction with the business risks and controls framework
- Experience in working in fast paced and changing environment, driving change and performance
- Culturally adaptable, friendly, easily approachable, trustworthy and collaborative partner to the business
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.