Bank Build - Deposits Squad – Engineering
At Zopa, we’re building the best place for money.
We offer simple loans and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In the 13 years we’ve been in business, we’ve helped more than 60,000 people lend over £3 billion to 246,000 UK consumers.
And our journey’s only just beginning. In November 2016 we announced our plans to build a next generation bank so that we can bring a greater range of smart, ethical finance products to even more people.
This role is based in our new office in Barcelona, working side-by-side with the teams in our London office.
Zopa has now more than 400 people in London, 22 people in Barcelona and growing - we want to double this by the end of the year!
Are you quick to spot the critical bugs? Do you excel at finding what’s wrong with software? Does creating the best software and user experience excite you? Zopa is looking for Quality Assurance engineers like you.
In this role, you will need to put yourself in the end user's shoes and make sure the product answers all their unique actions, needs and points of interaction with the product. You will work closely with people across engineering, product and support to help deliver an amazing experience using the best technologies available.
- At least 3 years of experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- Excellent knowledge of QA methodologies and processes
- Experience testing Web APIs using any automation tools (e.g. SoapUI, PostMan)
- Performance Testing experience Automation using selenium webdriver and Java or Python (both languages is a nice to have)
- SQL experience (Minimum able to comfortably query databases)
- Ability to write good quality test plans, test cases and bugs
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Exposure to an Agile working environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to up-skill and technically train other QA members
- Ability to analyse test scenarios, apply critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills
- Passionate about sharing of knowledge
- Ability to think beyond assigned task, and be a good team player
Nice to Have:
- ISTQB Foundation level
What we Offer:
- New Office in sunny Barcelona. We are right next to Sants station, a central area of Barcelona
- Help with relocation to Barcelona and assistance with VISA
- Restaurant Card
- Free Fresh fruit + Fresh Orange Juice
- Great coffee and tea
- E-Learning membership
- Company events & Zocial events
- Ping-Pong Table in the Office and Padel Tournament (twice a month)
- Private Health Insurance
- Referral bonus
- Flexible Working
- Transparent and informative weekly team meetings on Friday’s afternoons with drinks
- Working within an award-winning and culturally fantastic Team
- To surround you with a group of like-minded Zopians who operate with passion and integrity
- A genuine promise that everyone is welcome at Zopa –regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.