Cash & Payments Administrator
Operations – Cash and Payment
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good Money company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
We are looking for a highly motivated, self-sufficient Cash and Payments Administrator with extraordinary attention to detail to join our team on a 12-month fixed term contract. You will be customer focused, possess strong communicative and numerical skills and the ability to work well within a team environment. We would like a real go-getter who looks forward to contributing positively to a growing and evolving new team dynamic and hitting the ground running in true Zopian style.
The role of the Cash and Payments team is to deal with all day to day payments coming into/ going out of Zopa and the movement of funds between our internal accounts. You will also deal with the management and processing of incoming and outgoing customer payments including loan disbursals and repayments as well as Investor funding and withdrawals.
The hours for this role are Monday - Friday, 9:30am - 6:00pm
On a day to day basis you’ll be:
- Inputting and processing payments across different banking platforms
- Payments related issue resolution
- Maintaining company deadlines and SLAs to ensure a great customer experience
- Assist the wider Operations department with any ad-hoc payment related queries
- Assist the Client Assets team with the completion of ad-hoc projects and ensure completion in line with pre-arranged deadlines
- Allocating investor funding – including ISAs
- Processing cheque payments
- Submitting daily payment files
- Investigating queries from internal and external parties
- Completing daily money movement reports
- Transferring money between accounts in line with CASS rules
- Administering borrower repayments that occur outside of the normal direct debit scheme
- Other duties as assigned
This is the background we'd like to see on your CV/profile:
- Wizard like Excel skills
- Excellent attention to detail catching any discrepancies in large amounts of data
- Experience in a similar role within the Financial Services industry
- Achieved at least A Level standard with grade C or above in English & Maths GCSE
- Able to prioritise work and manage a diverse workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt to change and deal with problem solving
- Experience using in-house systems/databases
- Familiarity and/or willingness to learn about the regulation that applies
- Knowledge of the Bankline system and associated reports - desirable
On a personal level, these are the qualities we’d like to see:
- Customer Champion: You will have the passion to deliver the right outcome for our customers along with great communication skills and an ability to confidently interact with a range of people. You are able to remain calm and professional when under pressure.
- In it together: You will have the ability to show initiative, be forward thinking and proactive. You will hold excellent organisational skills which will mean you are able to work within given SLA’s and deadlines.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.