UI / Visual Designer
Product & Design – Design
At Zopa, we’re shaping the future of finance.
We offer simple loans and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In the 12 years we’ve been in business, we’ve helped more than 60,000 people lend over £2 billion to 246,000 UK consumers.
And our journey’s only just beginning. In November 2016 we announced our plans to build a next generation bank so that we can bring a greater range of smart, ethical finance products to even more people.
We're looking for a visually focussed UI Designer, who can think and design in the usual graphics programs, but also in prototyping or live code environments. So, some basic HTML & CSS skills would be beneficial, but you generally won’t be required to produce production ready code in isolation.
As an Interaction Designer at Zopa, here are some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Experimenting with, testing, and rolling out robust, innovative design patterns (across tribes when relevant)
- Championing user-centred design
- Owning visual and brand guidelines within your tribe
- Working closely with Zopa’s design and user experience leads to help visualise prototypes for testing
- Working closely with front-enders (and the rest of the team) to produce production ready deliverables
To show us you’re up to the task, we’d like to see evidence of the following on your CV:
- A natural talent for visual design
- A passion for layout and intuitive interfaces
- A portfolio that showcases your skills from concept to completion
- Experience with the tools of the trade (i.e. Paper sketches, HTML/CSS, Adobe Illustrator / Photoshop / Sketch etc.)
- Education in the fields of design / interaction / user experience / visual arts
- A desire to continue to learn, grow and innovate
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.