Desktop Support Engineer
Tech Operations & Delivery – IT Service Operations /
Employee - Permanent
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We began our journey in 2005 with the drive to deliver customer-first financial products. Fast forward to 2020, we shifted gears and became a digital bank, leveraging our customer knowledge, money expertise and technical agility to forge ahead. Our diverse team is united by a mission to create simple, fair and honest financial products that have the customers’ needs at their heart.
We’re regularly recognised at industry awards for our game-changing products and are proud to be one of the market leaders in consumer lending in the UK. But our work doesn’t stop there.
After securing £220 million in our 2021 funding round led by SoftBank, we’ve entered the next stage in our journey. So far, we’ve lent out over £8 billion and made money work better for over half a million people across the UK who were looking to borrow or save with us. In less than 2 years after becoming a bank, we hit £2 billion in customer deposits and we’re also a top 5 credit card issuer in the UK. And this is just the beginning.
We’re set on achieving big things with ambitious growth targets to match. This means there's a range of opportunities for you to excel and develop through a career at Zopa, while building better banking products that truly matter to our customers.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa. For a closer look at our culture, check out our latest video here. And if you want to join us, have a look at our current open roles!
The Workplace Technology Team is a key part of life at Zopa, ensuring employees have the systems and tooling they need by providing support and escalating issues whenever needed, to ensure we can get everyone working as quickly as possible.
We are now looking for a new member of the team provide deskside support to our Zopians. We work in a Windows and Mac environment with lots of applications, and we're looking for someone who can bring their experience with supporting users with varying skill levels with any pesky problems they may encounter. You'll also be working with lots of teams across the organisation to help get to the bottom of, or escalate issues. Lastly, this is an office based role and part of a monthly on-call rota.
- Supporting with 1st and 2nd line support
- Supporting a mixed client platform environment
- Assisting Zopa's staff in the office, over the phone, via slack and our ITSM
- Adopting a proactive approach towards all client activities
- Looking for fresh approaches to improve systems
- Working cross-functionally with every business unit to ensure we continue to provide the excellent level of support we already do
- Supporting end user workstation hardware, software, network devices and cabling, printers and meeting rooms
- Using various tools to ensure user issues are resolved including: Active Directory, Azure Jamf and Zoom
- Supporting with meeting rooms equipment (hardware and software)
- Assisting when needed with (re)imaging of laptops and decommissioning
- Experienced working in a helpdesk environment previously (2+ years)
- You're passionate about providing the best user support experience and don't leave the little things incomplete
- Good understanding of imaging and managing client endpoints
- Good level of understanding of Windows and Mac
- Good level understanding of MDMs
- Good level of understanding of networking principles
- You understand the importance of good documentation and escalation
- You have a good set of troubleshooting skills to quickly diagnose issues
- Passionate about continuous improvement bringing new and exciting ideas to the team
Flexible working? Yes please!
Whether you want to come into our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office or work from the comfort of your own home (or both!), you’ll be able to decide on an approach with your manager, looking at what works best for you, your role and your team.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.