HR Director - Maternity Cover
Operations – HR/Recruitment
At Zopa, we’re shaping the future of finance.
We offer simple loans and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In the 12 years we’ve been in business, we’ve helped more than 60,000 people lend over £3 billion to 246,000 UK consumers.
And our journey’s only just beginning. In November 2016 we announced our plans to build a next generation bank so that we can bring a greater range of smart, ethical finance products to even more people.
Whilst our current HR director is on maternity leave, we require an equally fab HR Leader to take over this integral role on a 6 months FTC basis.
This broad role will continue to embed the kind of culture and processes within Zopa that will enable us to perform effectively and scale efficiently through this exciting period. We need an senior HR candidate who can use their significant experience and expertise working on the people side of organisations to guide us through an exciting phase of change management within a fast-paced and rapidly expanding company.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a strong tactical HR foundation who wants to make employees engaged, happy, and high-performing.
- Help launch a Bank – Get HR “Bank” ready
- Attract and retain the best talent at Zopa
- Embed the Zopa culture in everything we do from our employer brand to our recognition awards
- Enable people to do their best work at Zopa (engage employees, make them happy, help leaders lead better today, oversee learning and training plans)
- Always be a step ahead (help managers plan for the future, succession-plan)
- Measure everything (Take charge of our data for hiring, retention, engagement, reviews, performance etc.
Experience and Skills needed:
- Communication Skills: The role will require an excellent communicator to understand all levels of the business - whether this is to accurately and comprehensively develop requirements for a new process, or to convince people managers of implementing it the right way. Strong stakeholder management at Exco and Board level is a must.
- Fully qualified and experienced: The candidate will have a thorough knowledge of UK employment legislation and regulations (FCA & PRA) such as Senior Managers Regime, Material Risk Taker identification and similar. They should anticipate and resolve litigation risks, be a point of call for employee relations and set best practice.
- Reward experience:Comfortable and experienced in all aspects of Reward Management in a financial services environment. Will need to lead the year end compensation process. Should also have experience in share based compensation
- Highly Analytical and data-driven: To be successful at Zopa, the candidate will insist on robust results tracking and measurement in every initiative and area. They will be able to specify what data should be captured and how to review it.
- Build and mentor a strong team: The candidate will be required to lead a strong HR function to implement quickly and in a measurable way. This includes attracting and retaining the best talent from within and outside of Zopa, and managing performance to their peak.
- Execution Focused: The candidate will be able to identify, quantify, and get buy-in for their proposals, as well as motivate others (and their team) to help them with implementation.
- Best Practice, applied the Zopa way: The candidate will have extensive experience in a senior HR role and will be comfortable in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. They’ll apply best practice experience to everything from employee engagement, retention, training etc. but will look at everything to balance best practice, with the best fit for Zopa.
- Culture Fit: Results-oriented, self-starter with a strong sense of ownership and willingness to go the extra mile to get things done. Smart, thorough, low-ego, non-political, pragmatic, collaborative, transparent, motivated, commercial, passionate, accountable, and flexible.
- Diversity and Inclusion : Have experience in rolling out inclusive diversity programmes
- Training and Development - Understand the training requirements of the organisation as we grow at a rapid pace and develop our people into these new roles
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.