People Team – People Team /
Employee - Permanent
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We began our journey in 2005 with the drive to deliver customer-first financial products. Fast forward to 2020, we shifted gears and became a digital bank, leveraging our customer knowledge, money expertise and technical agility to forge ahead. Our diverse team is united by a mission to create simple, fair and honest financial products that have the customers’ needs at their heart.
We’re regularly recognised at industry awards for our game-changing products and are proud to be one of the market leaders in consumer lending in the UK. But our work doesn’t stop there.
After securing £220 million in our 2021 funding round led by SoftBank, we’ve entered the next stage in our journey. So far, we’ve lent out over £8 billion and made money work better for over half a million people across the UK who were looking to borrow or save with us. In less than 2 years after becoming a bank, we hit £2 billion in customer deposits and we’re also a top 5 credit card issuer in the UK. And this is just the beginning.
We’re set on achieving big things with ambitious growth targets to match. This means there's a range of opportunities for you to excel and develop through a career at Zopa, while building better banking products that truly matter to our customers.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa. For a closer look at our culture, check out our latest video here. And if you want to join us, have a look at our current open roles!
Are you passionate about providing outstanding service to our visitors and staff? If so, this Office Coordinator role could be for you.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and enjoy experiences that challenge your thinking, we want to hear from you. This is a great opportunity for someone who is super organised and always thinking ahead, paired with a real passion for providing excellent office administration. This position has a little bit of everything, with general responsibilities to support our Office Manager in keeping the office running smoothly.
This is a full time office based role.
The hours for this role are currently Monday to Friday - 08:30-17:00 or 09:00-17:30.
A day in the life:
- Complete the morning set up – clean coffee machines, fill up snack station, breakfast items, and drinks fridges
- Reception cover
- Ordering coffee, breakfast, snacks, and drink stock for the next week
- Request, create and distribute new starter security passes
- Assist with actioning leavers – check Jira list and emails, close tickets on Jira and de-activate passes on employee’s last day
- Assist with facilities – logging tickets for faults and notifying the engineers. Also, chasing engineering teams if a ticket isn’t actioned in a reasonable timeframe
- Book in all external guests with the building security team
- Open and distribute incoming post and prepare outgoing mail. Ensure any post not given to a team (if they work from home) is scanned to them
- Assist with any fire evacuation or first aid emergencies
- Ordering stationary, branded lanyards, branded notepads, and branded envelopes
- You’ll have previous experience in a reception or office coordinator role
- Previous experience in a fast-paced environment and proven success in multi-tasking
- Facilities experience would be advantageous
- You’ll be confident building relationships across the business. Everyone is important at Zopa, and you’ll be there to kickstart their day with a great welcome
- You’ll offer a welcoming experience to our visitors and ensure they have a great visit to our HQ
- You’ll have first class attention to detail and ensure that everything is delivered to a great standard
- Are you positive? Super important. We’ll want you to have a ‘can-do’ attitude in approaching all your tasks and problem solve independently
- You’ll always want to make things better and strive to improve processes, employee experience, and visitor experience
- You’ll have excellent timekeeping skills and ensure that daily tasks are delivered like clockwork
- You’ll be a proactive problem solver and keen to provide well thought out resolutions
Flexible working? Yes please!
Whether you want to come into our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office or work from the comfort of your own home (or both!), you’ll be able to decide on an approach with your manager, looking at what works best for you, your role and your team.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.