2nd Line Support Engineer (Mac)
Technology – Tech Ops
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good MoneyTM company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
The Mac Support Engineer's role is to support the stable operation of Zopa's PC/MAC Hardware and Software. This person will be responsible for providing 2nd line support to all employees and across all technologies of the business and completing project related tasks. This includes responding to incidents and requests through the call logging system, proactively following up incidents and requests, providing technical assistance to end users, building and maintaining MacBook/laptop stock levels and ensuring that their Incident/Requests meet internal SLA’s
This is a new role as part of the Workplace Technology department created as a result of growth across the organisation.
- Support end user workstation hardware (mac and pc), software, networked peripheral devices.
- Determine the source of issues that you encounter.
- Responding to calls or emails on the service desk, adhering to strict Service Level Agreements for fault resolutions and service requests completions.
- Be pro-active and follow up incidents and requests with the end-user.
- Maintaining asset database.
- Maintaining and updating the knowledge base.
- Maintaining MacBook’s/laptops and building to the required standard
- Information gathering and escalating calls when required to the 3rd line team.
- Improved support and operations.
- Unified team which promotes business strategy and common goals.
- Improve client escalation and resolution process
- Ability to support delivery of projects with chosen technologies
- Improved customer experience and retention.
- Previously experience working within a Mac 2nd Line Support Engineer position.
- Microsoft technologies.
- Apple Certified Specialist or equivalent qualification.
- JAMF Pro certification.
- ITIL Foundation.
- Linux Preferred but not essential.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and SLA’s.
- Good customer service skills.
- Good understanding of standard Windows technologies i.e. Microsoft Office, VPN, Blackberry etc.
- WAN/LAN network troubleshooting.
- Experience of macOS and deployment through JAMF Pro.
- Experience of macOS in an active directory environment.
- Experience supporting common macOS applications e.g. Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite etc..
Ok, I’m in. What can Zopa offer me?
· A relaxed and informal office overlooking the Thames at London Bridge, full of break out spaces for collaborative working, and of course the obligatory office bean bags, which no one can ever get up from with dignity
· A genuine promise that everyone is welcome at Zopa – regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion
· Transparent and informative weekly team meetings on Friday’s afternoons with drinks
· On site Yoga classes weekly
· A games room with well used ping pong and football tables
· A dedicated room for meditation, relaxation and prayer
· To surround you with a group of like-minded Zopians who operate with passion and integrity
· A tailor-made integration plan to set you up for success and an ongoing focus on your performance and development
· Two paid days per year to volunteer for a good cause of your choice
· Free tea and coffee throughout the day
· Free breakfast every morning
· A competitive compensation and benefits package
· We can’t guarantee it, but we’re always open to a chat about flexible working
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.