Product Manager- Membership squad
Core Services Tribe – Membership Squad /
Employee - Permanent
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’re been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving and we’re now launching a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to work with the Membership squad and has extensive experience working with cross functional teams to solve challenging issues. This role is part of the Core Services tribe, whose focus at Zopa is to ensure we continually provide the best shared solutions, solving complex problems in a generic way and serving all our products.
The Membership squad is responsible for core services that are central to our operation. As such, frequent interaction with many stakeholders and teams will be part of your day to day and non-functional requirements as scalability, reliability and robustness are always taken in consideration.
Some examples of what we're currently working on...Looking at different types of member verification by integrating with third party providers. Anonymisation; to make sure we are compliant with GDPR requirements and a lot more!
A day in the life:
- Work hand in hand with the other members of the cross functional team to deliver meaningful features and new services that our internal customers will love using
- Define and document functional & non-functional requirements and business processes required to achieve improvements to existing solutions
- Analyse our existing capabilities to identify areas for improvement and understand how the capabilities are being used, feed this insight back into the team to help drive new ideas and features
- Work closely with internal teams to understand their needs and collaboratively solve problems to bring more efficient and flexible solutions while aligned with market trends
- Be a subject matter expert and understand the latest trends and requirements in the Membership area and process to bring ideas and knowledge back into the team and stakeholders
- Manage day-to-day relationships with third parties, and hold them to account on service levels, feature improvements, and costs
- You have proven product management experience in the technology/fintech space and understand how to generate value for your customers and the business within your domain
- Comfortable challenging and validating assumptions using product discovery and validation techniques as well as data
- Great organisational skills to have a clear view on delivery goals, identify skills required and be comfortable with multi-tasking
- Strong communication skills and comfortable interacting with stakeholders, internal teams and end customers to understand their needs as well as communicating progress and potential operational risks
- Experience working with cross functional development teams and comfortable with technology (it’d be great if you had a technical background, but it’s not essential)
- Experience working with best practices and software development methodologies
We're currently all working from home at the moment due to COVID 19. Our office is open for those who would like the option :)
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.