Senior QA Engineer - Frontend
Technology – Software Engineering
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’re been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving and we’re now launching a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
Are you quick to spot the critical bugs? Do you excel at finding what’s wrong with software? Does creating the best software and user experience excite you?
Are you able to set up automation frameworks from scratch and create CI/CD jobs to run the tests?
Are you technical and have a passion for backend testing and understanding how services work?
Zopa is looking for Automation Quality Assurance Engineers like you. A little more than just a traditional QA Engineer but with excellent technical skills and an understanding of how development testing works.
Zopa operates in a Tribes and Squads model meaning you would be plugged into a cross functional team with developers and any other areas of expertise required for the squad to achieve their goals.
In this role, you will need to put yourself in the end user's shoes and make sure the product answers all their unique actions, needs and points of interaction with the product. You will work closely with people across engineering, product and support to help deliver an amazing experience using the best technologies available. You will also be responsible for instilling a Quality driven mindset into the Squad.
- At least 3 years of experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- Excellent knowledge of QA methodologies and processes
- Experience testing Web APIs using any automation tools (e.g. SoapUI, PostMan)
- Performance Testing experience Automation using selenium webdriver and Java or Python (both languages is a nice to have)
- SQL experience (Minimum able to comfortably query databases)
- Ability to write good quality test plans, test cases and bugs
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Exposure to an Agile working environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to up-skill and technically train other QA members
- Ability to analyse test scenarios, apply critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills
- Passionate about sharing of knowledge
- Ability to think beyond assigned task, and be a good team player
Ok, I’m in. What can Zopa offer me?
· A relaxed and informal office in Barcelona Sants, full of break out spaces for collaborative working, and of course the obligatory office bean bags, which no one can ever get up from with dignity
· A genuine promise that everyone is welcome at Zopa – regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion
· Transparent and informative weekly team meetings on Friday’s afternoons with drinks
· To surround you with a group of like-minded Zopians who operate with passion and integrity
· A tailor-made integration plan to set you up for success and an ongoing focus on your performance and development
· Free tea and coffee throughout the day
· Free fresh orange juice
· A competitive compensations and benefits package
- Opportunity to travel to our London office
· We can’t guarantee it, but we’re always open to a chat about flexible working
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.