Senior Product Lead - Mobile
Investors Tribe – Product
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good Money company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
This is an exciting role within Zopa, tasked with delivering highly engaging products that make our customers feel good about their money. That means a well thought through proposition, great design and hassle-free execution of the end to end journey. You will be responsible for understanding the market, getting under the skin of customer attitudes and behaviours and creating great products as a result. More specifically, you'll:
Drive the product vision for our high engagement products and mobile app, and ensure its successful delivery
Be passionate about customer insight and its application, truly understanding and establishing empathy with customer in all your teams
Bring creative thought to the product development process and to Zopa at large, through using customer insights effectively and encouraging knowledge sharing
Ensure deadlines are met and that team doesn’t lose sight of what the priorities are and what the “bigger picture” looks like
Identify and manage key stakeholders along the way, bringing the optimum blend of people together and ensuring the right people stay informed
Keep a close eye on industry trends, benchmarks, innovation and what the competition is doing, and understand what it all means for Zopa and how we should react
Grow, lead, develop and motivate high performing cross-functional teams of developers, data scientists, product managers, designers, and marketeers to deliver experiences that make people feel good about money
Embed a data-informed process so your team can make fast good decisions
Know exactly how product(s) are performing, from both the customer and commercial standpoint, using data to understand what is happening and why
- You're an entrepreneurial candidate with proven digital product leadership experience (this must include mobile)
- You have proven experience using customer insights to drive feature development
- Detail oriented, inquisitive, and highly interested in results tracking and measurement in every project. You know that iteration and experimentation is key to success. You are able to work well with commercially minded people and know the tools, frameworks, and structures to evaluate product performance. You know what to look at to support decision-making and set effective goals.
- While the role requires the strategic nous to identify new opportunities to expand Zopa’s business, ideas are only as valuable as their execution. You are able to identify, quantify, and get buy-in for your team’s proposals, and can motivate your team to implement in the best way possible. This includes a good grasp of technology and what it allows. You know the tools and how they should be used (even if you don’t actively use them yourself).
- Proven experience leading successful cross functional teams - including digital product designers, software engineers and ideally data scientists
- You understand your product(s) inside out – the commercials, the market, the customer, and their journey. What will they experience at each stage and what happens “under the hood”. To do that, you rigorously analyse internal and external data and consumer insights to identify opportunities and solve pain-points for our customers
Bonus points but not required:
- Experience with OKRs and hands-on agile processes so you can coach the team
- Understanding of regulated industries and how to deliver within this environment
- Experience with consumer financial services