Product Manager - Payments
Service Excellence Tribe – Product
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’re been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving and we’re now launching a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager, who has deep industry knowledge in various payment methods. This role is part of the Service Excellence tribe, whose focus at Zopa is to ensure we continually provide the best servicing experience for customers, across all our products. With our NPS score being at 76, we’re proud to say that we genuinely champion our customers.
We develop payments as a centralised set of services that all our product teams can use. That means giving customers the right options depending on their needs, but also making it easy for our product teams to make use of shared payments infrastructure, and taking care of its scalability, reliability and operational overhead so our product teams don't have to worry about it when they scale.
A couple of examples of what we do: we provide integration to the Faster Payment network so we can disburse loan funds or manage savings accounts; currently, we are evolving recurring payment methods, so customers have more options to pay down their credit balances.
This role can be based in London or Barcelona.
A day in the life:
- Work hand in hand with the other members of the cross functional team to deliver meaningful features that customers will love using
- Define and document functional requirements, non-functional requirements and business processes required to achieve improvements to existing payment methods and new payment methods which increase customer satisfaction
- Analyse our existing payments capabilities to identify areas for improvement and understand how the capabilities are being used, feed this insight back into the team to help drive new ideas and features
- Work closely with internal teams and end customers to understand their feedback and collaboratively solve problems to bring more efficient and flexible payments methods to customers
- Be a subject matter expert and understand the latest trends and requirements in Payments and Retail Banking to be able to bring ideas and knowledge back into the team
- Understand and manage the business, commercial and operational risks within payments and ensure they are addressed within the team and appropriately managed
- Manage day-to-day relationships with third parties, and hold them to account on service levels, feature improvements, and costs
- You have proven product management experience in the Payments space and understand how to generate value for customers and the business within the Payments domain
- Comfortable challenging and validating assumptions using product discovery and validation techniques as well as data
- Great organisational skills to have a clear view on delivery goals, identify skills required and be comfortable with multi-tasking
- Strong communication skills and comfortable interacting with stakeholders, internal teams and end customers to understand their needs as well as communicating progress and potential operational risks
- Experience working with cross functional digital teams and are comfortable with technology (it’d be great if you had a technical background, but it’s not essential)
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.