Head of Quality & Training - 12 Month Mat Cover
Operations – Operations /
Employee - FTC
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We began our journey in 2005 with the drive to deliver customer-first financial products. Fast forward to 2020, we shifted gears and became a digital bank, leveraging our customer knowledge, money expertise and technical agility to forge ahead. Our diverse team is united by a mission to create simple, fair and honest financial products that have the customers’ needs at their heart.
We’re regularly recognised at industry awards for our game-changing products and are proud to be one of the market leaders in consumer lending in the UK. But our work doesn’t stop there.
After securing £220 million in our 2021 funding round led by SoftBank, we’ve entered the next stage in our journey. So far, we’ve lent out over £8 billion and made money work better for over half a million people across the UK who were looking to borrow or save with us. In less than 2 years after becoming a bank, we hit £2 billion in customer deposits and we’re also a top 5 credit card issuer in the UK. And this is just the beginning.
We’re set on achieving big things with ambitious growth targets to match. This means there's a range of opportunities for you to excel and develop through a career at Zopa, while building better banking products that truly matter to our customers.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa. For a closer look at our culture, check out our latest video here. And if you want to join us, have a look at our current open roles!
The Head of Quality and Training will work with the Quality Control, Training and Knowledge Base Managers to guide and develop each area. The role is responsible for implementing and overseeing the quality assurance and training strategy, to ensure compliance with internal procedures and policies, regulatory requirements, and the delivery of good customer outcomes.
A day in the life:
- Lead the Operations Training, Knowledge Base and Quality Control teams whilst developing a program of continuous improvement across operations including our outsource providers and brokers
- Key oversight of the Quality Control framework including policies, procedures, and quality monitoring scorecards. Ensuring best in class approach to Quality Control
- Support the continued roll out and embedding of the recently introduced QC SaaS
- Support the delivery of any LMS and Knowledge Base SaaS development programs
- Ensure the Quality team has clear KPIs and metrics and activity is tracked, reported and analyzed to drive ongoing optimization and innovation of our systems and processes
- Complete root cause analysis to identify agent fail reasons, training needs, knowledge gaps and performance management requirements. Ensuring any significant issues are escalated to the relevant stakeholders
- Embed a culture of continuous feedback
- Work with the Operations SMEs, our Outsourced Service Provider and Zopa’s Learning and Development department to design and develop training programs which ensure high levels of competency with a strong focus on outstanding customer service
- Ensure training programs continue to evolve based on business needs and skill demands for different employee groups based on their positions and skills
- Provide key stakeholders with regular reporting on QC, Training and Knowledge Base activities undertaken, including key findings and recommendations as well as an overall assessment of the adherence to the scorecards, training needs and access to knowledge
- Responsible for the overall quality of training delivered, ensuring it is in line with Zopa’s tone and culture
- Be an advocate of Quality Assurance, Continuous Improvement and industry recognized Best Practices
- Consistently review the Quality and Training strategy, ensuring wider business trends and competitor activity is considered
- You have solid experience in a senior operational leadership role where you developed a strong understanding of quality assurance within an FCA regulated environment
- You have proven experience of designing and implementing quality and training frameworks
- You have a total understanding of FCA requirements and obligations towards TCF principles
- You have strong awareness of risk and the importance of controls and escalation
- You are demonstrably passionate about customer experience
- You have the ability to manage stakeholders and build effective business relationships, specifically at customer facing and senior management levels
- You achieve business improvement changes through strong collaboration
- You have strong interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written as well as good presentation and persuasion skills
- You thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- You are passionate about people – driving growth and development
- You have experience interpreting data and presenting findings to stakeholders across a variety of forums
- You have developed training materials, including e-learning and classroom materials, and delivered training on large scale transformation programmes
- You are excellent at facilitating workshops
- You are ideally CIPD certified or hold a relevant L&D qualification
Flexible working? Yes please!
Whether you want to come into our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office or work from the comfort of your own home (or both!), you’ll be able to decide on an approach with your manager, looking at what works best for you, your role and your team.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.