Senior Copywriter – Product and Customer Comms
Investors Tribe – Product
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good MoneyTM company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
We’re looking for a Copywriter to join the team tasked with creating industry disrupting content across all Zopa channels, ensuring the customer experience is always first.
You’ll work within the Tribes, and under the mentorship of the Lead Copywriter, to develop and drive the company’s Tone of Voice through intuitive UX/UI and customer communications. You’ll be an expert in your field, as this is a hands-on creative role, you’ll be personally writing, crafting and developing copy. You’ll be expected to cover all areas of long and short form copy but with an emphasis on UX/UI copy. You’ll work predominantly within the Investors Tribe writing for our Peer-to Peer product, but you’ll also work across the wider business as required, gaining expertise on our full range of products. Extensive experience in creating dynamic and relevant customer focused content is a must.
You should have the flex and experience to deliver a message with weight or a light touch. You know how to make people open emails, click buttons and flow through a journey without overwhelming them.
We’re building a next generation bank with multiple products, and the journey will be
On a day to day basis you’ll be:
- Owning, driving and developing the Investor Tribe specific communications plan
- Juggling briefs across various mediums UX/UI, short and informational content, campaign content – including print and digital, all the while working autonomously
- Hands-on, sleeves-up writer, capable of taking a creative brief and inputting innovative ideas.
- Working closely with stakeholders to formulate and deliver content to build a deeper and stronger relationship with our customer base
- Seeking out and seizing opportunities as they arise
- Confidently collaborating with a cross-functional team and knowing when to broadcast vs. seek input, to ensure ongoing stakeholder alignment
- Solving problems, seeking out opportunities to raise the bar
- Delving into the detail whilst retaining a top-line view of brand ToV
- Partnering with other creative team members including design, copy and content to develop strong innovative creative concepts, ensuring brand consistency through visual and copy guidelines
- Tracking content and campaigns across Tribes and Brand, ensuring seamless communication across products and brand
- Continually developing and refining ToV guidelines with key stakeholders
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with all internal clients
- Continually looking to improve business working processes, looking for SMART ways to reduce both overall costs and efficiencies within the role
- Using post-campaign analysis to continuously improve ToV
- Ensuring compliance with law (e.g. financial regulation, copyright and data protection)
This is the background we'd like to see on our Copywriter’s CV/profile:
- A portfolio that not only shows great the copy you've created from both a campaign and product perspective, but also explains why and how you go about creating customer-centric, impactful copy
- Demonstration of excellent written English, with a proven understanding of modern grammar and UK vernacular
- Experience in developing commercially viable, customer focused copy, delivering to brief within a tracked CPA
- A sound knowledge of existing and emerging platforms - Blogs, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Facebook and how to tailor copy to each differing audience
- A proven understanding of copy writing for UX/UI and responsive design
- Knowledge and experience of marketing communications and experience in collaborating with a design and content teams
- Fully conversant with Microsoft office programs
- Excellent proven communication skills and experience working with cross-functional teams in brief development and translation to concept
- Extensive proven experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstration of accuracy, attention to detail and organization skills
- Degree or equivalent education in English, Communication or related field
- Experience in the finance and/or tech industries and advantage
On a personal level, these are the qualities we’d like to see:
- You’ll be a positive advocate of the Zopa brand vision and ToV internally and externally
- A desire to constantly push your own skill set
- That you’re a self-starter who’s efficient at time management
- The ability to work autonomously
Ok, I’m in. What can Zopa offer me?
· A relaxed and informal office overlooking the Thames at London Bridge, full of break out spaces for collaborative working, and of course the obligatory office bean bags, which no one can ever get up from with dignity
· A genuine promise that everyone is welcome at Zopa – regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion
· Transparent and informative weekly team meetings on Friday’s afternoons with drinks
· On site Yoga classes weekly
· A games room with well used ping pong and football tables
· A dedicated room for meditation, relaxation and prayer
· To surround you with a group of like-minded Zopians who operate with passion and integrity
· A tailor-made integration plan to set you up for success and an ongoing focus on your performance and development
· Two paid days per year to volunteer for a good cause of your choice
· Free tea and coffee throughout the day
· Free breakfast every morning
· A competitive compensation and benefits package
· We can’t guarantee it, but we’re always open to a chat about flexible working
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.