HR Business Partner
Operations – Case prep
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good MoneyTM company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
As HR Business Partner (HRBP) at Zopa you will be a role model of the Zopa values, understanding how our culture comes to life, and have a keen understanding of the business. This will enable you to provide strategic partnership to the teams you support, enhance the growth of all Zopians and the business to fulfil its ambition through its people.
The ideal candidate will be thoughtful, collaborative, able to inspire others and to think creatively about solutions. To be successful you will be comfortable with ambiguity, asking challenging questions and seeking clarity on the best approach taking a range of factors into account.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Play a pivotal role as one of the people champions for teams across the business
- Lead on strategic people and change projects that reach across the whole business and contribute to building out Zopa’s ambition to be the best place for money
- Collaborate as part of the HR Leadership team to design and drive a winning people agenda
- Provide expertise and leadership on a range of HR disciplines, including employee relations, reward, change management etc
- Demonstrate the agility to be effective at all levels in the business, from thoughtful input to the Board and Exco, providing a rigorous approach to problem solving on a range of issues, to personally rolling up your sleeves and delivering high quality HR service to Zopians
- Lead and define initiatives, policies and tools to support the ZOPA culture and enable business success
- Understand and anticipate the changing needs of the business, diagnose underlying issues, identify dependencies, risks and options to mitigate
- Have a point of view and shape ZOPA people tools, to ensure they are engaging, aligned with who we are and what we stand for and well understood by fellow Zopians
- Play a key enabling role helping to managers determine their current and future talent needs
- Use data and analytics to provide insight into the health of the Zopa culture and people proposition
- Coach managers to be effective coaches and leaders, help them to anticipate and plan for future people needs in their teams
- Keep up to date with external trends and best practice in HR to drive insight, and find new ways of helping Zopa achieve its ambition through unlocking the potential in all Zopians
This is the background we'd like to see on your CV/profile:
- Relevant HR Business Partnering and leadership experience
- Leading projects and initiatives using Agile and/or project management principles
- Track record in taking initiative, driving action and owning decisions, regardless of outcome
- Communicate, challenge and influence a range of stakeholders, equally comfortable working with senior managers and staff at all levels
- Ability to present sound and well reasoned arguments to influence others. You’ll draw upon experience to anticipate and avoid issues.
- Experience in working in a Technology or Product led business, with Agile ways of working
- Time spent in both large and medium sized businesses, understanding how different HR models work in practice
On a personal level, these are the qualities we’d like to see:
- Adaptable and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups. Able to understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue, and be flexible as situations change
- Able to distil complex issues into component parts, identify causal links and think through alternative courses of action
- Both initiate and translate ideas into tangible output to create value
- Role model ZOPA values and behaviours.
- Understand the value drivers at ZOPA and is commercially aware
Ok, I’m in. What can Zopa offer me?
· A relaxed and informal office overlooking the Thames at London Bridge, full of break out spaces for collaborative working, and of course the obligatory office bean bags, which no one can ever get up from with dignity
· A genuine promise that everyone is welcome at Zopa – regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion
· Transparent and informative weekly team meetings on Friday’s afternoons with drinks
· On site Yoga classes weekly
· A games room with well used ping pong and football tables
· A dedicated room for meditation, relaxation and prayer
· To surround you with a group of like-minded Zopians who operate with passion and integrity
· A tailor-made integration plan to set you up for success and an ongoing focus on your performance and development
· Two paid days per year to volunteer for a good cause of your choice
· Free tea and coffee throughout the day
· Free breakfast every morning
· A competitive compensation and benefits package
· We can’t guarantee it, but we’re always open to a chat about flexible working
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.