IT Service Delivery Manager
Technology – Tech Ops
At Zopa, we’re shaping the future of finance.
We offer simple loans and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In the 12 years we’ve been in business, we’ve helped more than 60,000 people lend over £3 billion to 246,000 UK consumers.
And our journey’s only just beginning. In November 2016 we announced our plans to build a next generation bank so that we can bring a greater range of smart, ethical finance products to even more people.
The IT Service Delivery Manager oversees many key functions within the IT department that enable the delivery of a high-quality services to Zopa’s internal and external users. The SDM will ensure Service Support and Service Delivery processes are in place to meet business needs. This position is a stakeholder facing role and requires that you establish relationships and manage expectations within the business and drive the IT team to achieve those expectations to a high standard.
- Maintain a high performing service support function by standardising IT policy and process across all IT functions
- Vendor and SLA management, consistent and standard based service reviews
- Vendor stakeholder management, drive internal and external third-party service review meetings covering IT / vendor performance, service improvements, quality control and processes
- Drive metric reporting across the IT functions to monitor and measure IT performance, producing reports for all key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Incident, request, change teams to ensure high levels of service availability and ensure future service and resource demands are covered.
- Establish and proactively manage service improvement plans across all IT functions
- Evangelise monitoring and alerting tools and dashboards promote estate awareness
- Foster ITIL methodologies and procedures to aid in platform sustainability and continuous project delivery
- Develop a strong understanding of project impacts ensuring these are minimised to reduce impact on all business services
- Work closely with project stakeholders and delivery teams, to produce credible plans and schedules for delivery teams to own
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and appropriately stored
- Align project reporting for presentation to IT Director & CTO
- Ensure effective and efficient implementation of project through tracking and reporting
- Understand financial aspects - revenue models and P/L; meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Submit project status reports to stakeholders, reviews bugs & issues, plan software releases, hardware installs, anticipate and react to change
- Collaborate with all IT team and produce centralised technical roadmaps
- Ensure training services are in place to educate teams in ITIL, problem management and project tools
- CMDB policy management and management of company assists
- Be the product owner for ServiceNow, defining roadmaps, development plans, process and rollout timeframes
- Define and provide regular and accurate management reporting on ServiceNow Service performance
- Engage internal stakeholders for requirements through workshops and discussion, draft requirements
- Engage and manage 3rd Party Delivery Agents for ServiceNow enhancements
- Produce go-live plans and coms to launch new services to internal users
- Be an ambassador for IT, working across the business to provide effective communication on IT matters and build relationships with other teams to ensure effective dialogue between departments.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to undertake the above responsibilities
- A passion for Service Improvement and project management.
- Experienced Service Management professional
- Experience in ServiceNow delivery and management
- ITIL Qualified with a good understanding of project delivery.
- Previous experience as a Team Lead or demonstrable experience in leading virtual teams
- Experience of managing 3rd parties and 3rd party delivered services
- Expert knowledge of ITIL disciplines
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer facing/customer service skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- Self-motivation and able to take responsibility
- Able to manage and prioritise and tasks and time efficiently
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
This description reflects the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the group/department may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the post holder to recognise this and adopt a flexible approach to work. Job descriptions will be reviewed regularly and where necessary revised in accordance with organisational needs. Any major changes will be discussed with the post holder.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.