Senior Software Engineer
Technology – Software Engineering
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good Money company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: London Bridge
Advert Start Date: Monday 13th May 2019
Closing Date: Wednesday 12th June 2019
Zopa’s mission is to create a richer life for everyone by making money fair and simple. We do this by building great financial products, like our award-winning personal loans and our hugely popular investment products. These products are underpinned by a business model which means that we win when the customer wins – unlike many other financial products which rely on customers making mistakes or being misinformed to make money.
In 2018 we are going a step further, by building the next generation bank with cutting edge technologies and are looking for a talented senior level Java Software Engineer to work on a major rebuild of our technical stack
You will be working in a small, agile and adaptable cross-functional team, built on the Tribes and Squads model, and utilising Kafka and Kafka Streams to build a resilient, scalable backbone that powers the growth of the company. You can expect to interact with stakeholders and key business users daily. We are big believers in a lean philosophy and flexibility in implementation, while aiming to achieve stack consistency and alignment across the board. All of our Java infrastructure is deployed with Docker/Kubernetes when we need to via CI (Jenkins) and a completely automated test suite.
Here is some of the Tech Stack you will be working with: Java 8, Kafka, React, React-Native, Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, RabbitMQ, Redis, Babel just to name a few.
- You love shipping great products, not just writing superb code.
- You feel comfortable in a fast-moving environment and are ambitious about the speed and quality of your code.
- An advocate of test driven development or, even better, behaviour-driven development. A strong commitment to quality is essential.
- You've worked on large scale distributed software systems that have proven scalability and complex topologies.
- Enjoy talking to key stakeholders and understand and show passion for the business objectives of the company.
- You like to build new products from scratch; many of our products are the first of its kind in the market.
- You are comfortable with a fair bit of uncertainty, fast change, and love solving hard problems collaboratively.
- You are a team player who thrives working in an honest and friendly working atmosphere. We have a flat hierarchy and give you the opportunity to make a real impact.
- Hold experience with microservices
- Hold at least one years Financial/fintech industry experience
- Hold experience with application servers and web servers such as IBM Web Sphere Application Server and Apache Tomcat.
- Hold experience with Amazon Web Services
- Hold hands-on experience with React.js
- Hold experience with Kafka and/or a streams-based platform (Samza, Storm) is a plus!
- Hold experience with Maven
- Hold CI/CD experience with Jenkins
- Hold experience with Docker
- Hold minimum of a Diploma in Computing
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.