Unsecured Personal Loans Tribe – Design
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good Money company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
This role will be in our Unsecured Personal Loans tribe, which enables customers to borrow money at some of the lowest rates out there. It’s a growing business within Zopa and is working on making the application and servicing experience even better for the thousands of new and existing customers that come to our site every day. Applying for a loan and managing finances can be a challenging process for customers and this is where you come in – your role will be to make it as simple, quick and clear as possible.
More specifically, your role will include:
- Using your understanding of psychology and behavioural economics to design products that help customers have a great experience when applying for or managing a loan
- Working collaboratively with members of the team to deliver experiences to customers in an agile way
- Defining the information architecture of the product
- Maximising accessibility, clarity and transparency in designs
- Running user testing on design concepts to ensure we meet user needs
- Ensuring the Zopa brand is implemented consistently in the product
You should apply if:
- You’re interested in solving complex problems for customers. Whilst you don’t need experience working on financial products, a deep understanding and passion for creating customer centric products drives you
- You’re excited by testing your design ideas and seeing what customers think of them, and iterating from there
- You like using data to drive your design decisions (whether qualitative or quantitative – you know what to use when and how to get it)
- You have strong UI design and rapid prototyping skills
- You have some experience of brand implementation within a product
- You can show an impressive portfolio/presentation showing off your design skills
- You enjoy working in a cross-functional team (of developers, QA, analysts, product) focused on delivering value to customers in an agile way
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.