Front-End React Developer
Technology – Software Engineering
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good MoneyTM company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
One of the new products we are working on is a credit card, which aims to offer a simple, fair pricing that is in line with Zopa’s mission but also provides useful card management features that help people better manage their spend and finances.
Are you a hands-on front-end developer with a passion for creating great customer experiences?
If so, we’d love to tell you more about this opportunity in our Credit card team.
You’ll be right in the action as part of a fast-moving, cross-functional team with support from a dedicated designer. Whatever it is, you will be heavily involved from understanding the space and opportunity all the way to developing the release-ready code and seeing it through to launch and maintenance
We currently use or are looking to use the following technologies in our stack: React, Webpack, Sass, Styled-Components in our front-end stack. We are also investing in React Native in our mobile team.
As a rapidly expanding company in the heart of London – we are looking for a passionate developer who wants to expand their skill set and deliver products that delight users.
How we work at Zopa
- We work in cross functional teams that work together to solve customer problems
- We work in sprints and constantly make feature releases. The things you work on will get used
- We value smart people, who are adaptable and understand the need for flexibility
- We peer review all code, and value the sharing of knowledge
- We use the right tool or language for the job, if you can prove better we’ll use that
- We value, conduct and act on user-research and data analysis
- We’ve got a great office in London Bridge with riverside views, ping pong, Foosball, PlayStation, a meditation room, break-out pods, gym discounts, morning fruit
- Knowledge of React is beneficial
- You should understand the importance of testing your code and how it reduces risk in making changes and refactoring
- You should be pragmatic and realise when a solution is over-engineered as well as knowing when to spend time on creating the right abstraction that allows us to move faster in the long run
- Comfort with the JS tooling landscape is beneficial – being able to use modern tools such as Webpack and Babel is beneficial although having a solid understanding of how tooling can work and being quick on the uptake is key
- Good understanding of at least one of the following: CSS, SCSS, SASS or Styled-Components
- Solid understanding of version control tools (ideally Git)
- Passion for your work and striving to do things “the right way” (semantics, validity, flexibility, maintainability, …)
- An interest in innovation and fin-tech
Up for the challenge?
Ok, I’m in. What can Zopa offer me?
· A relaxed and informal office overlooking the Thames at London Bridge, full of break out spaces for collaborative working, and of course the obligatory office bean bags, which no one can ever get up from with dignity
· A genuine promise that everyone is welcome at Zopa – regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion
· Transparent and informative weekly team meetings on Friday’s afternoons with drinks
· On site Yoga classes weekly
· A games room with well used ping pong and football tables
· A dedicated room for meditation, relaxation and prayer
· To surround you with a group of like-minded Zopians who operate with passion and integrity
· A tailor-made integration plan to set you up for success and an ongoing focus on your performance and development
· Two paid days per year to volunteer for a good cause of your choice
· Free tea and coffee throughout the day
· Free breakfast every morning
· A competitive compensation and benefits package
· We can’t guarantee it, but we’re always open to a chat about flexible working
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.