Senior Front-End React Developer
Technology – Software Engineering
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good Money company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
Are you a hands-on Senior Front-end developer with a passion for creating great customer experiences?
If so, we’d love to tell you more about this opportunity in our Core Services team.
In this role, you would work across a number of domains in Core Services. The areas of focus would be: creating a central customer view (WebHub dashboard and customer management functionality), creating centralised components for key areas such as how customers interact with payments, how customers create accounts and user authentication
You would own several core front-end components and work closely with each of the product teams across the business.
We currently use or are looking to use the following technologies in our stack: React, Webpack, Sass, Styled-Components in our front-end stack. We are also investing in React Native in our mobile team.
As a rapidly expanding company in the heart of London – we are looking for a passionate developer who wants to expand their skill set and deliver products that delight users.
How we work at Zopa
- We work in cross functional teams that work together to solve customer problems
- We work in sprints and constantly make feature releases. The things you work on will get used
- We value smart people, who are adaptable and understand the need for flexibility
- We peer review all code, and value the sharing of knowledge
- We use the right tool or language for the job, if you can prove better we’ll use that
- We value, conduct and act on user-research and data analysis
- We’ve got a great office in London Bridge with riverside views, ping pong, Foosball, PlayStation, a meditation room, break-out pods, gym discounts, morning fruit
- Knowledge of React is beneficial
- You should understand the importance of testing your code and how it reduces risk in making changes and refactoring
- You should be pragmatic and realise when a solution is over-engineered as well as knowing when to spend time on creating the right abstraction that allows us to move faster in the long run
- Comfort with the JS tooling landscape is beneficial – being able to use modern tools such as Webpack and Babel is beneficial although having a solid understanding of how tooling can work and being quick on the uptake is key
- Good understanding of at least one of the following: CSS, SCSS, SASS or Styled-Components
- Solid understanding of version control tools (ideally Git)
- Passion for your work and striving to do things “the right way” (semantics, validity, flexibility, maintainability, …)
- An interest in innovation and fin-tech
Up for the challenge?
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.