Front-End React Developer
Technology – Software Engineering
At Zopa, we’re shaping the future of finance.
We offer simple loans and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In the 12 years we’ve been in business, we’ve helped more than 60,000 people lend over £2 billion to 246,000 UK consumers.
And our journey’s only just beginning. In November 2016 we announced our plans to build a next generation bank so that we can bring a greater range of smart, ethical finance products to even more people.
Are you a hands-on front-end developer with a passion for creating great customer experiences?
If so, we’d love to tell you more about this opportunity in our Pioneers team.
You’ll need to have some experience in delivering products from conception all the way to release. You will work as part of a small team and have the support of an in-house full-stack developer and a dedicated designer.
We currently use or are looking to use the following technologies in our stack: React, Webpack, Sass, Styled-Components in our front-end stack. We are also investing in React Native in our mobile team.
As a rapidly expanding company in the heart of London – we are looking for a passionate developer who wants to expand their skill set and deliver products that delight users.
How we work at Zopa
- We work in cross functional teams that work together to solve customer problems
- We work in sprints and constantly make feature releases. The things you work on will get used
- We value smart people, who are adaptable and understand the need for flexibility
- We peer review all code, and value the sharing of knowledge
- We use the right tool or language for the job, if you can prove better we’ll use that
- We value, conduct and act on user-research and data analysis
- We’ve got a great office in London Bridge with riverside views, ping pong, Foosball, PlayStation, a meditation room, break-out pods, gym discounts, morning fruit
- Knowledge of React is beneficial
- You should understand the importance of testing your code and how it reduces risk in making changes and refactoring
- You should be pragmatic and realise when a solution is over-engineered as well as knowing when to spend time on creating the right abstraction that allows us to move faster in the long run
- Comfort with the JS tooling landscape is beneficial – being able to use modern tools such as Webpack and Babel is beneficial although having a solid understanding of how tooling can work and being quick on the uptake is key
- Good understanding of at least one of the following: CSS, SCSS, SASS or Styled-Components
- Solid understanding of version control tools (ideally Git)
- Passion for your work and striving to do things “the right way” (semantics, validity, flexibility, maintainability, …)
- An interest in innovation and fin-tech
Up for the challenge?
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.