HR – HR
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’re been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving and we’re now launching a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
A little about the team… we are a fun and sociable group of “Zopians” who thrive on a new challenge and love to find innovative ways to work and play. This role will report into the People Partner with dotted line into the People Operations Manager.
A day in the life:
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders and the wider business advising on all areas of the employment life cycle
- Provide support, advice and guidance to the business in all employee relations issues
- Take ownership of off-boarding process including exit interviews, trend analysis etc…
- Apply judgement to individual cases and make decisions
- Identify and manage and/or escalate risks, trends and opportunities
- Run the end to end performance management process for your designated client group
- Have strong persuasion and influencing skills
- Independently manage People related projects and assignments
- Identify trends and their root causes, generate and implement solutions to support overall employee engagement
- Ability to think beyond immediate day to day issues and understanding of wider People landscape
- Carry out any other duties required by the business within the scope of the role
- Provide support to People Ops manager in the implementation of systems and processes
- Proven track record as an HR Advisor or HR Generalist, within a fast-paced financial, tech or professional services environment.
- CIPD level 5 qualification or equivalent (desirable)
- Experience of Producing key HR analytics and MI
- Able to own and drive HR cases as well as projects
- Experience of working with HR Systems (We use Bamboo)
- Experience of designing and owning policy reviews (desirable)
- Presentation skills
- Good eye for detail
- Strong prioritisation skills
We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment. You will be working within a team which has a wealth of experience from different backgrounds- so should be willing to learn from your peers and be open to share your own experiences with the team.
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.