Shopfront (Website) Product Manager
Bank Build - Engagement Squad – Product
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good Money company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
We’re looking for a marketing-savvy Product Manager to join a new team tasked with owning a first-class website for Zopa.
As Product Manager for Shopfront, you will be leading a small, dedicated team managing development, design and content work for both long-term projects and short-term releases. Shopfront encompasses the product agnostic areas of the website with the mission of building understanding of Zopa and our product suite, building strong customer support journeys and creating a seamless experience as prospects transition from shopfront to the acquisition journeys or as customers move to logged in state.
You will spend your time working with stakeholders across Zopa, understanding how Shopfront can deliver better for customers and internal stakeholders. You will identify and prioritise work for the team, taking into account medium term goals and short term requests. You will run sprints, with standups and weekly rituals. You will regularly review data across a number of key metrics and use that data to make team decisions that have real business impact.
More specifically, these are some of the things that will be important for you to focus on:
- Work with your team to create a development process and ongoing plan of work that makes sense for the Shopfront and drives continuous improvement
- Drive responsible decision making across issues impacting the shopfront product
- Create key reports and analyse the data regularly to track how the team and site are doing
- Work with data teams to ensure user information is tracked, including work on attribution modelling and tagging
- Collaborate with and manage key stakeholders across Zopa to make sure Shopfront is working for other Product Managers and for teams such as Design, Content and Marketing
- Manage content and campaigns in order to drive SEO and support paid campaigns
- Manage workflow and ensure the timely and rigorous delivery of projects
- Ensure compliance with law (e.g. financial regulation, copyright and data protection)
- Ensure a consistent, joined up experience throughout the site and across products which works hard for the customer and the Zopa brand
- Understand industry best practice and competitive benchmarks to ensure that the Zopa site remains a leading destination across web and mobile
What skills do Zopa Product Managers have?
- Passion for the customer and for finding great, customer led solutions
- Strong commercial acumen and analytical problem-solving skills
- Tools, frameworks and structures to evaluate performance and support effective decision-making
- A passion for technology – they must have a strong knowledge and grasp of technology and what it allows. They know the tools that exist and how they should be used, without necessarily being an expert in using every tool themselves. They are hungry to continuously update and deepen their knowledge and skills in this area
- Effective communication and collaboration – they can structure a presentation and can explain even complex things simply
- Agile project management – they understand the importance of deadlines and can create the necessary momentum to get things done
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.