Investors Customer Service Specialist
Operations – Investors CS
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’re been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving and we’re now launching a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
About the role
Zopa has built a team that is delivering outstanding growth. As part of our expansion, we are looking for a talented Investor Customer Services Specialist to join us in ensuring the best possible experience for our lenders.
Your role as an Investor Customer Services Specialist is to engage with new and existing clients daily via telephone and email. With a clear-cut and thorough approach, you will help our lenders to understand our product and ensure that their accounts are set up correctly. You will be a Customer Champion and will build rapport with our lenders daily and gather feedback in order to provide Zopa with a consistent insight into to what lenders would like from Zopa and what they like or dislike about the lending product.
A day in the life:
- Consistently build relationships and trust with new and existing lenders.
- You will be in it together and assist with answering calls on our borrower line should this be needed
- Whether you are helping new lenders with the account opening process or educating on product offerings and services, you will be passionate about improving the overall lending experience.
- A quick-thinking problem solver, you will identify issues encountered by our lenders and offer simple explanations and solutions.
- You will manage your diary effectively, promptly following up with calls and emails.
- You will remain flexible to perform ad-hoc tasks as and when required by the business.
- You will attend frequent meetings with Management in order to provide consistent insight into what's working and what lenders would like.
- You will be a Customer Champion and understand the importance of treating customers fairly. You will hold a track record for going the extra mile in order to ensure that the customer feels valued.
- You have the confidence, patience and flexibility necessary to connect with a wide range of people and adapt effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- You are capable of thinking on your feet and communicating effectively, asking clarifying questions and offering simple explanations to complex issues.
- Alongside your natural rapport-building talents, you are a fast learner with an exceptionally high attention to detail, able to adapt efficiently to new concepts and systems.
- You are energetic and driven, able to work with minimum supervision.
- You are always striving to better yourself, focused on growing a rewarding career within client services.
- You look forward to contributing positively to the team dynamic and hitting the ground running, true Zopian style.
- Previous experience working in a similar role would be ideal.
- You will be confident in Excel, educated to at least A-Level standard & hold a grade C or above in Maths and English GCSE.
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.